How do you find out daily limit before sending a bank transfer?

In App support could not answer this question. This seems to mean that I have to take a shot in the dark and hope my transfer is not over some unknown limit. This could mean multiple failed transactions costing me both time and money.

So how do I find out my daily transfer limit? Does anyone know?

What kind of limit do you mean? Outgoing transfers with Reovlut? Incoming transfers to top up your Revolut account?

The Revolut FAQ mention two top up limits. An annual limit and a daily limit. The annual limit I know. It is shown clearly in the app. However no information is given on my daily limit.

The FAQ say this: “For newly added cards, most of our users will have a daily top-up limit between £1000-£3000 (or currency equivalent). Some users may find they have a lower daily limit to begin with, however, your daily top-up limits will increase over time.”

The takeaway here is that my limit is probably somewhere between £1000-£3000 but could possibly be less than £1000.

Their FAQ recommendation is: “Try and top-up your desired amount. If the amount is over your (daily) top-up allowance, you will receive a pop up message notifying you of the daily limit for that card and how much you can top-up today.”

The takeaway from this is that I have to send a bank transfer. Wait up to 5 working days for a pop-up and keep trying after every failed transfer until I hit a sum under some invisible number that the system will accept.

This poses two problems. Firstly, I might have to send numerous bank transfers to get one accepted. Given the processing time it could take weeks to get money on the card. Secondly, given my bank charges high non-SEPA fees for every transaction the costs could erode all the benefit of using Revolut.

Again no help from support on this. I asked and they said they couldn’t tell me my daily limit.

I’m left not knowing how much to send and not knowing how to communicate the reference number.

The article is talking about top ups via debit cards. When they mention a “newly added card”, it is a card that you added for top ups recently. Not your Revolut card. There is no daily limit for bank transfers, as far as I know.

That is a very plausible way of reading it which did occur to me. It is vague though.

Well, the last paraghraph says if you hit your limit with one card, try another card or alternatively a bank transfer :wink:

But I am sure Revolut appreciates the feedback about the FAQs and might come up with something more clear.

I think you’re right. It’s a daily top up card limit. Not an overall daily top up limit.

Go in the app to more > profil > verification & limit

There you can see your total top up limit.

I think your card top up limit is probably either your card limit, or your revolut total limit, whichever is lower.

I make 5k€ top ups by card, and 10k€ top ups by transfer with no issue.