How do beneficiaries gain access to a deceased member's Revolut account?

The subject says it all, really. I just need to make sure my family can access any balances on my death.

give them your password?

I have an encrypted USB drive with all of my accounts on it. My kids have a bit of the password each with the third bit stored with my will at the solicitors.

Thanks. The problem with this is that I change passwords frequently. There should be a standard procedure for people to do this without needing to know passwords. My family are also not tech savvy, so I want to make it as easy as possible for them. i.e. Provide x documents proving my identity, their identity, death certificate, etc.

Why? Use a password manager, generate insanely long passwords. Use https.

I already use a password manager, etc. HTTPS is not relevant as all banking services use that anyway.

So why do you need to keep changing them? What’s the threat?

From the UK news today - 250,000 Google accounts hacked each week.

So? How does changing a password help if you use the same password on ill protected sites?

Password manager, unique long password per site. No need to change.

There are several reasons why I change passwords, one of which is that it is easier to make a password change to some services that I need quick access to if I don’t have immediate access to keychains, and password managers can be cumbersome on a mobile device.

I any case, what if I blow myself up, along with all my devices?

There has to be a standard procedure to allow beneficiaries access to assets if they do not have the passwords.

It’s a simple question.

If Revolut insist that a password and username is absolutely required, then I will do something about it.

The usual is to supply the grant of probate docs.

Can’t see why revolut would be any different.

And when someone works out how to hack your password manager you have all your eggs in one basket. Different password for each site, regularly changed and managed with manual records for me.

I have no intention of typing in 64 character random passwords by hand!

Thank you for your help, but I want to know what their procedure is in order to make it as easy as possible for my family to access my account on my death, no stress. So far the only way to contact Revolut is via in-app chat, which currently has a waiting time of two hours.

They could write to the company address, but that is so 19th century.

It is. But have you ever executed a will? I’m surprised we don’t have to write with a quill and put wax seals on things :wink:

Yes, I know. Have had to deal with that a couple of times over the last few years.

Do any Revolut guys reply to any posts in the community?

Been through similar for my wife’s affairs with remote financial institutions. You will not be able to avoid the post. Executor(s) will need to provide an original will (or legally certified copy) valid under English law, a death certificate and proof of their identity. Otherwise you will need to pay for legal assistance.

How do you log into the :r: app with 64 characters?

OK. But at least Coinbase are reassuring: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2321225-how-do-i-gain-access-to-a-deceased-family-member-s-coinbase-account-

I’d love to be able to!

Where available I use 64 char random passwords.