How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

I will definitely try to increase the cashback of 1% in Europe, add some bigger partnership for cashback ( Amazon, Netflix, deciem, Adidas, Nike…)

For the crypto/stocks part of holding the fee are to big to be a real asset for people to use , do either simplify it but get a better deal so done people might actually stay investing. Maybe partnership with etoro instead??

9 Likes

Being able to invest in Revolut pre-IPO (if we meet certain conditions/incentives - such as holding Metal account for 1 year or other fidelity plan for example) - I know shares were available on the secondary market on Seedrs for example but not option to invest if we did not invest way back on the 1st Fund raising. Thanks !

1 Like
  • Phone support
  • Agreement with Flying programs for miles
  • Improve the cashback
  • Increase the lounge discount / wider offering
  • NFC Payment with phone
  • Print photo on debit card
8 Likes
  • Remove the metal cashback limit or substantially increase it. You don’t make it particularly well known that the limit for the cashback is the amount you pay for your subscription. I feel a bit duped to be honest, having signed up only to realise you added a limit several months ago that is clearly not advertised on your metal landing page.
  • Ability to save crypto into vaults regularly using a fixed amount of fiat currency. You can only save using the currency of the balance, given how volatile the market is - this is useless for anything except the save the pennies feature.
  • Allow the use of non custodial wallets for crypto where not directly used as funding i.e. you own your keys.
  • For cryptos that use the proof of work paradigm allow on-exchange staking and then following up on my last point allow staking through delegation.
  • Support for withdrawal across all major cryptos and for that withdrawal to have no limits. These are decentralised assets, there should be no reason for limiting withdrawals unless ofcourse you are using these assets as liquidity.
  • I’d like the ability to pass through existing cards i.e. if your Revolut balance is insufficient, Revolut charges one of your existing funding methods for the amount of the transaction. Essentially would work in the same way as curve.
5 Likes

This. And, as many have already stated, remove the cashback cap.

I am metal user and the only thing I got metal is free trading. Which to be honest in USA and other countries there are already apps offering for free. of course fx fees is nice but isn’t this also on the free plan?
Also the higher atm is nice but from what users say atms of other bank will already charge you so not convenient… except if you are traveling… but how many days per year you travel… We can take money out for free from atms with our local card… so?.. so better make more easier and simple in app user to be able to transfer money to his main bank account when he wants and for free in order to take money for free with his main card.
The high month subscription is not justified for me… especially when free trading apps come in Europe… with more advanced trading apps.
don’t get me wrong… i like revolut. Can be a super app of banking binded together with trading and more.
but trading app needs improvement… more stocks and other things and metal subscription needs either lowering or actually offering something with more value than get a fancy card, get phone insurance and etc, lounges and etc. For me, all these are useless except free trading

Metal users (at least!) deserves a real support…

2 Likes

Free crypto trades… Or at least comparable fees to other exchanges, you did it for US so why not for long term users in EU?

2 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same. And some interest on savings as well, there is plenty R can do…and yet

Revolut is a fantastic multi-currency bank account and therein lies its competitive advantage. But in that respect there is ONE THING LACKING. The fact that there are many financial services that won’t accept transfers from Revolut (or only with a lot of extra validation), because they claim there is something generic about the account numbering system and that it doesn’t properly identify the user concerned. (They are worried about money laundering compliance as well.) Therefore I suggest that Metal users be offered some kind of premium account number which they can use for transfers and which gives their Revolut bank account all the characteristics/status of a REAL bank account such that it is accepted EVERYWHERE.

2 Likes

I just did a brief search so I might have missed it.

I’d like to suggest that Metal Cashback offers the option to get the cashback equivalent in one of the crypto currencies Revolut offers.

Whether or not this is directly transfered to existing crypto investments or kept in a dedicated vault is worth discussing (tax topic).

Crypto is here to stay and I’d love to see this option.

2 Likes

Remove the cap on cashback, currently depending on monthly spend I can get enough cashback to pay for metal subscription. Some months this is okay some months not. For Okay months nothing more depressing than seeing cashback reverted due to reaching limit. Almost like Revolut saying “Here’s what you could have won.” Either cap cashback at annual metal subscription limit (some months I spend more than others) or remove the cap and I will use card more to get cashback. Currently I am using variety of cards depending on whether cashback limit reached for Revolut.

4 Likes

INcreased cashback would have me in

3 Likes

Agree it would be nice, in Europe it’s kind of useless if you do not spend 14k per month. I Know it’s not their fault but Curve do purpose 1% cashback in Europe (no idea how btw)

1 Like

Recurring Purchases of Stocks, just like the crypto tab already has

2 Likes

It’s a detail but it would be cool to have each cashback link to the payment that bring it (could be just in statement for exemple)

Why not creating their own crypto and give cash back on it (kind of what crypto.com is doing) it would allow to have way more interesting cashback because I do not think that a lot of people care about the 0,1%.

I can’t even use this revolut with amazon prime because amazon prime says it doesn’t support this card…

but i read lots of people use it, don’t understand the problem here, what can it be? should I have money on the revolut card first to use the free period on amazon prime?

Also I need to make replies on other topics to be able to open a new one myself, so sorry for replying on old topic looking for help.

is because it’s just a basic membership maybe?

Crypto cashback is a tax nightmare. Namely because the initial cash back is considered an incentive and is tax-free, but the crypto sale incurs capital gains tax.

Yes, regulation will probably make things easier. And then just keep the cashback in crypto and change it every x time. Or just converting it to an other crypto or a stable coin