How can we make Premium/Metal 10x better?

Not yet, there is a thread dedicated to joint accounts. Revolut Youth has been announced, but no release date yet. Here the discussion thread for accounts for kids.

With a premium card comes travel / medical insurance. I would like to add travelling companions but I only have the option to add them on an annual basis. The option to add companions on The Pay-per-Day scheme would be much more useful otherwise I end up paying for an annual policy when the companions are only travelling with me occasionally ie a few weeks each year. It makes no sense to pay the additional premium in such a scenario.

I would consider adding them under an annual policy if the cover extended to cover them whilst they were travelling separately from me but that is a major exclusion of the policy.

2 Likes

Well agreed with @Tandara ! +1

Twenty

A higher cashback.
A car rental assurance

2 Likes

Please Revolut, give us a REAL DEBIT / CREDIT CARD :credit_card: !!
Not these crappy PREPAID cards, we have so much problems to pay with with some sellers, or when we put gas in the car … :face_vomiting:

Please, you are a real bank now, give us REAL CARDS.

We believe in you,

Love,:heart:
Alex

8 Likes

@Recchan @markthehipster

Could this imply that Visa could treat Russia and Serbia as not European?

For example using a Revolut Visa would give the higher cashback than the Revolut Mastercard.

Continentally speaking, Europe extends until The Ural Mountains, which means that most Russians (Google says 75%) live in Europe (Moscow and other large cities are west of the Urals).

It is probably fair to assume that VISA (and many other companies operating in EMEA) include Russia as “Europe” - license agreement -wise anyway.

Not really. The only thing that matters here is a) regulation, and b) the resulting interchange fees. Russia is not part of the EEA and has nothing to do with the EEA’s 0.2% cap. For MasterCard, Russia is part of the “Eastern Subregion” with interchange fees over 1%. Within Russia, Visa and MasterCard specify interchange fees between 1-2% (lower for big merchants).

Revolut’s practice to add everything to “Europe” would only make sense if Visa/MasterCard did the same. But they don’t, so the “Europe” = 0.1% move is actually rather disingenuous.

4 Likes

This makes sense :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Allow those over 70 to use the insurance at an additional cost to cover the higher risk

Cashback on gas stations across Europe would be nice. Gas is something most people buy at some point.

If you find gas stations that accept prepaids yeah :confused:

Indoor if you pay after dispensing, this should be no problem. Used multiple times in France, Italy, Austria.
Outdoor, if a pre-authorisation is required, it should work as well but it will block you the pre-auth amount for some time until everything is settled to the final amount.

Or have both Mastercard AND Maestro in one physical card. The “Smart Card” of German Fintech Bank Fidor proves this can be done.

1 Like

Co-branding is nothing new. It has been done for many years in many European countries. Take Visa/Dankort in Denmark and Giro/Maestro in Germany.

However, it is unusual to see two international brands merged into one. Do you know how they implemented it? I have a co-branded debit/credit MasterCard. It has two BIN numbers, and the NFC antenna is connected to the debit part, where I have to insert the chip and choose the credit-part to use my credit. Which I like anyways, because I have to do something active to use my credit.

But I would find this inconvenient with say two brands of card.

Actually EU legislation (PSD2) asserts that if a company provides co-branded card, the customer must be able to choose the co-branded cards, as long as the bank offers those brands.

Theoretically you could ask your bank for a Visa/Mastercard if you wanted to, and it would have to comply as long as it offers those two brands of card and co-branding.

Probably every gas station in the Czech republic.

When you put the card into the machine/ card reader it will ask you which card to use.
Cf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9z1Yd2gGuo

For NFC/ contactless card payment in the past they always charged the mastercard. But they apparently said they wanna make it possible in the long run to chose whether to use maestro or mastercard, but I am not sure whether that has been implemented by now, or not. I am personally not a customer of them, and do not plan on becoming one.

Funny stuff, but I am not convinced Germany ever ratified that into German law.
I am pretty sure when I went to my local Sparkasse and asked them for a co-branded Mastercard/ Girocard instead of the Maestro/ Girocard, they would tell me to f off.

It has been ratified into Danish law. I asked my local bank for a Visa/Mastercard and they told me to f off (more or less). I wrote an email to the competition authority in Denmark, and they told me that I was right, but that they were looking into general guidelines about co-branding later in the year and would not do anything until those guidelines were implemented. Some bull like that.

1 Like

Adding more benefits such as free Legal Helpline would add value to the cards and attract more clients. Group legal helpline is fairly inexpensive to obtain and certain companies such as Abbey Legal provide it in the UK.

Offering fee-free ( or discounted) initial period - say for two months - to new customers would entice more subscribers. This would be a very inexpensive way of acquiring new customers.

1 Like