Horrible top-up issue with wirecard through Revolut app

Hi!

I am highly worried due to a transaction I made in December.

I used top-up through bank transfer for the first time on the 22nd of December using the credentials provided by the app. After sending €500 to the IBAN provided in the app nothing happened. On the 6th of January I had a long chat with support and they told me I used a wrong IBAN that does not belong to Revolut (even though it was displayed in the app and copy-pasted from there). After verifying the IBAN it turns out it belongs to Wirecard AG in Germany, a company I have never heard of and where I am not a client - unlike Revolut which, according to support, cooperates with this company.

Support tells me to send a screenshot which I do not have as I naively trusted Revolut and am not tracking every transaction by screenshots. Then they are telling me to contact my bank where I did the transfer from which does not make sense as all my bank can say is I made a legit transaction. So support is not helpful either.

Not sure what happens if I contact wirecard but as I am not an immediate client I might run into issues and support tells me they cannot do anything without a screenshot (even though I sent them multiple screenshots of the transfer from my online banking).

Not sure where to go from here but I feel cheated by €500 so far.

Regards,
Dan

1 Like

PS: Conclusion of support chat: they are not willing to help without a screenshot, not even forwarding the issue along with the IBAN in question to a team or person that is in touch with partners.

Deeply disappointed and highly worried.

@DanS
I would contact Wirecard AG in person.
If somehow you managed to make a transfer to them they should be able to reverse it.

Hope you get it sorted :+1:

The Romanian LEU account I think is the only Revolut account that uses a wirecard IBAN.

Is it possible you sent it here?

Perhaps it got stuck somewhere on the way due to being incorrect currency

1 Like

Yep that was the issue. The first support person scared me though manager sorted it out, trust restored going to continue using Revolut now.