Higher than normal bank rate transaction

Sorry my english is not very good.

10/09 I made a withdrawal of $ 440 cad canada via my account Revolut but since my normal bank.

And I see that you removed me more than my normal bank.

440 $ cad:
normal bank: 10/09 21:30: € 299.05
Revolut: 10/09 at 9:32 p.m.: € 301.68

a difference of € 2.68 which is huge.

Hi @christodu59

At the weekend (Friday 00:00 - Sunday 23:59) we apply a small mark up on the spot rate as the Forex markets are closed. We take the rate from Friday 00:00 and apply a 0.5% mark up on major currencies and 1.0% on other currencies to protect the company from potential losses due to a large fluctuation in the rate. For illiquid currencies like Russian Ruble and Thai Baht, there is 1.5% mark up on weekend.

Which FX Market hours?

Ok, but her I did not know;)

in this case you must use Revolut week and not to use the weekend? as it is less advantageous than a normal bank weekend.

and just before the same transaction, your application display for $ 440 cad conversion amount of 298.??€

so I guess the application “converter” does not take into account the percentage more?

Very interesting information!
The above times are in GMT?

@B3nni Yes that’s in GMT

Weekend markup
Which FX Market hours?

Btw another question, what is the difference between:

• Chequing account
  • Saving account
  • Credit card

When withdrawing money?

(When I retired I had 3 choices and I took chequing account.)

Thank you for asking.

For ATM withdrawals you have to select either Chequing account or Saving account. Never Credit card

You mean the time between Saturday 00.00 - Sunday 23.59 probably. Same thing happened to me, I just checked it and it seems that Revolut took under consideration that rate, of Saturday’s 00.00 GMT.