Hidden fees and charges

I’m angry at revolut.

According to the website “everything is free”.
Well, I guess there is no free meal.

When I first attempt to make a top-up to my revolut account with my VISA debit card there was a fee of 1.67%.
Where on earth does this fee come from? Really annoying.
On the top my bank charges another 2% on that because revolut is based in the UK and not the US.

At the end of the day, I was charged 2 + 1.67 = 3.67% of the amount in total.

What is the point with switching to revolut?
There is NONE!

I should have sticked with Stripe.com. The fee there is only 2.9% and not juicy 3.67% as with revolut.

Perhaps you should aim your anger at your bank and look at changing them.
When I top up via my debit card it charges me zero!

1 Like

Hey @Bluewave :slight_smile:

First of all, where did you read “everything is free”? I don’t recall ever reading :r: ever making such a claim :confused: (might be wrong though)

Do you expect a… Uhm… Refund? :thinking:
Is it hidden by :r: that your bank charges you a fee?

USD cards are charged due to higher costs. This is clearly stated in the fee schedule and also announced before topping up :wink:

3 Likes

Please note which company got this fee.
Is that fee visible on revolut statement or rather on your bank’s statement?

See this:
https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/getting-started/topping-up/by-card/will-i-be-charged-for-topping-up-by-card?lang=en

1 Like

@Juliopp:

Here, copy and paste from the website

Blockquote

STANDARD
£ 0/m
Free UK current account
Free Euro IBAN account
Interbank FX rates
Free bank transfers in 25 currencies
£200/€200 Free ATM withdrawals per month

Blockquote

In particular, there is no say: Oh, by the way, if you top up with a US debit card there is fee of 1.67%.

1 Like

But it does say…

‘If you top up with a card that was not issued within the European Economic Area (a US-issued card for example) or with a commercial card, we may charge you a small fee to cover our costs. In these cases, it might be cheaper for you to top up by bank transfer.’

4 Likes