Help understanding how to use Revolut in other currencies

Hi there,

I’m new to Revolut. I have topped up my card with my UK account and then changed some money into a EUR wallet.

I’m currently in Malta and I’m trying to understand what’s the best way to use Revolut’s exchange rate and multiple currencies wallet.

If I pay with a chip and pin payment, should I select the local currency (EUR) on the POS or not? If I do, I’d expect the money to be deducted from my EUR wallet.

What happens if there aren’t sufficient funds? Will the remaining balance be automatically exchanged to the current rate from my GBP wallet? Or will the transaction simply fail?

I read the FAQs as I thought this was an obvious question but could not find a clear answer.

Thanks,

Vito

Hello @vito

You have to pay with the local currency and if you do nlt have enough money in this currency Revolut will change other currencies you have.

There is no need to exchange beforehand as the card will automatically convert your funds to the local currency using our exchange rate. However, if you’d like or if you feel the exchange rate is particularly favourable at that moment, you can exchange it before.

Thanks to both, I knew I must have been missing something obvious.

Now it’s clearer!

And last but not least :wink: