Have you heard about Pockets? šŸ’°

You can use Vaults for this, no?

2 Likes

When are you rolling this out to US customers?? Iā€™m promoting Revolut stateside hard with my friends, but you gotta work with me and give us the full featured product!!

1 Like

@symmetricalboy Right now we do not have Pockets in the USA. But we are revamping our community so stayed tuned! :smiling_face:

Veda | Community Team

2 Likes

You mean I am special to have access to Pockets in the USA. I have been using this feature for a year. :thinking:

1 Like

My jealousy is palpable.

1 Like

I really really really wish merchant data could carry through to Pockets for direct debits (UK). It does on the main transaction feed but not when coming from a Pocket.

O2 images seen in the image are the pic I assigned to the Pocket so not relevant.

It is good to see I can choose a Pocket though and just see the in and out of that instead of going to the screen and seeing an overview of all my Pockets which I deem (personally) irrelevant if I only have one Pocket.

1 Like

Waste of time if you donā€™t test each Merchant first.
I thought this was a great idea as I did not need to remember to transfer funds from the vaults which I share with my partner to meet bills and SOs.

I added Sky Ireland and SSE Airtricity to my household bill pocket and neither came out of the pocket this month.
The Sky Ireland one came out of my main funds last week. Today, as I have now dispersed my cash to various vaults and pockets, my DD to SSE Aitricity failed and there were not sufficient funds in my main account.

I spoke THREE agents in the chat. The first one transferred me to ā€œTransfersā€ who told me I had insufficient funds and thats why my DD failed, and then they transferred me back to ā€œPocketsā€.
At this stage I had closed all Vaults and Pockets and they advised me the pocket didnā€™t work because it had been closed. So I had to say no, it was not closed when I started this chat, please tell me why the Pocket did not work.

The pocket did not work because the Merchants used different transaction references. This kind of defeats the purpose.
So if you are going to use Pockets - make sure there are matching funds in your main account for the initial transactions.

Customer service are very pleasant but it can be a bit frustrating to get passed back and forth. Also annoying to miss a DD when you have funds available.

3 Likes

@SandyG4u Greetings and welcome to the :r: community. :hugs:

Thank you for sharing this piece of information with us. Itā€™s going to benefit our users here. :blush:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

I am a UK based customer. My Pockets are working well, for now :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ll keep a closer eye on it, to monitor any issues.

Totally agree about support agents. Some of them clearly do NOT have a common sense :roll_eyes:
And that could be very misleading/annoying in trying to reflect/prove about technical issue :neutral_face:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Issue Creating Pockets

Only if you havenā€™t used that unique name before. Seems to be a bug related to names that were used in the past.

1 Like

Does anyone know if merchant data IE images show in pockets when payments are taken by debit card?

As direct debits donā€™t seem to pull any merchant data which is disappointing.

2 Likes

Logos show up, yes.

As far as I understand Revolut relies at least to some extend on third parties for card transaction logos. Ethoca, a Mastercard company, for example. Merchant logos for direct debit might simply not be part of the data model!for direct debits. I donā€™t know.

(I personally could care less about it.)

3 Likes

Aye I think the likes of say Monzo also put their efforts in to cover the merchant data their side too, when you report/feedback a merchant without any data itā€™s updated pretty quick. Having worked for them, it wasnā€™t a tedious task to update it manually.

But given the size of revolut across the globe, resources could be limited for such fixes.

2 Likes

I hear you very well. I am in the same boat. I was excited when the pockets was launched. But Pockets is an half baked product and seems that it lost its heyday. Even though many of us conveyed our enthusiasm, Pockets doesnā€™t get any improvement. Unfortunately, I have stopped using this feature altogether.

1 Like

What is it you think theyā€™re missing if you feel itā€™s half baked?

Virtual cards assigned to pockets would be great for me, and the option to set up a recurring withdrawal from both Pockets and Vaults is what Iā€™d love to see.

2 Likes

The biggest bummer is that you canā€™t select any particular transfer to be added to a pocket. Revolut has its own algorithm to identify which one qualifies as Pocket expense. The second one that you are not certain if the debits will come out of the right pocket every time.

Itā€™s even worse than that.

Even when manually selecting a specific card payment with a specific amount from a specific merchant, the app messes up frequency and amount if there are other payments related to that merchant. One example is Apple, wich charges for subscriptions (Appleā€™s own or third party via App Store), but also for one time purchases like apps, movie rentals, ebooks.

Revolutā€™s options to set up and/or recognize recurring payments are messy. This affects then statistics and pockets which both rely on this.

2 Likes

The merchant plays a key part in the information they provide, IE marking themselves as a recurring payment provider.

Some banks, like monzo in the UK allow you to pick this for most purchases but thatā€™s work on their end being put into it.

Would be great to be able to set a recurring payment via revolut even from the card verification in the feed. IE this merchant checked card details. Any payments from this, take from X pocket.

1 Like

Setting recurring payments manually isnā€™t rocket science when amount, timeframe and merchant identifier are consistent. Revolut outsmarts itself by overriding a manual user input with their rules.

3 Likes