Goodbye, Revolut - another swiss customer bails!

Again, I honestly don’t see the problem here. You make money back, and Revolut make their own income from any agreements.

You can make back your monthly subscription cost, so basically making the premium or metal plan free.

It’s quite simple and fair in my opinion.

2 Likes

It comes with a sad heart reading such a thread. There are many things as a customer, one would want to have and expect that it is very simple to implement. The truth is that we have our best and truly the best working around the clock to bring the best service offerings to you all. Some challenges are met along the way, wether they are legal or regulatory restrictions we do our best to break down these walls and expand. In some cases it is not possible and we hope that this could be understood. We have grown tremedously over the last couple of years :unicorn: and on our onward and upward path :rocket:

We also aim to build up the interaction with you, our users and what better way to start than here on our community :partying_face:

6 Likes

Hi @klusek

Well at least someone from revolut’s visible in the community…
Sadly, empty words is what I’ve gotten plenty in the last 3 years!

The bottom line: the service gotten worse and worse. Especially for swiss users. I’ve written enough posts aso saying that if for whatever reason revolut can’t or won’t focus on fixing elementary issues from swiss users (pls. see IBAN and IRS-receipt), that revolut should end its support for Switzerland - like eg. Curve did.

At least that’d be honest. Instead, Revolut tries to drive people away by worsening the conditions. That’s why I left.

Check out your new competitor in Switzerland: CSX - from Credit Suisse (one of the two big dinosaurs in swiss banking-sector). Except the Multicurrency-thing - everything Revolut offers. Including a TRUE Debit-Mastercard (no Prepaid-Limitations). What are Revoluts reactions? Another bunch of nice words…

Anyway, good luck! (Revolut will need it)

1 Like

I have a Swiss account. I am able to top up my debit card in euros without fee, I have a CH IBAN in the name of revolut and I convert the money with a normal exchange rate

so one year after I left they fixed some things?
still not going back; if trust is lost, …

And now you can close your account and open again Konto schließen | Revolut Support Center | Revolut LI (I’ve used the Liechtenstein stite). You can see the fees hear https://www.revolut.com/de-LI/legal/fees

I suggest you read this thread from the start again.
Especially the part about “lost trust”.

Of course, it is not correct to delete negative reviews, however recently part of the revolut team has created threads to get feedback from the user on the display of statistics and more

No more relevant today. I’m a Swiss user too and I’m happy with pretty everything. (Although there is Always place for innovation and ameliorations).
So… can’t really understand this strange and too long review. He said “useless account for use in CH” ??? I use it everyday and everywhere. (VISA and MASTERCARD)

:man_facepalming: Well, maybe if you’ve read the “too long review”, you may have understood
a) when i’ve written it
b) WHY i’ve written it.
but hey, why read something, you’d just understand things.

But ok, lets check it:

1. are the translations within the app unmistakeable now?
  2. are there individual CH-IBAN?
  3. are there tax-receipt for IRS now?
  4. are fees, especialla for topups, now stable, or do they variy each quarter of the year?
  5. are features STABLE or are they still moving between free and payed accounts?
  6. can ALL features of the payed accounts be used in CH now?
  7. is the user-interaction restored? (more movement of moderators and revolut-workers in this community?)

And all the other points I’ve mentioned in my “too long” review.

Would be great if you could give an answer to the topic, and not just behave like those ignoring the problems when i left.

From 25.10.2022 there will be a 1.5% fee when top up by card in Switzerland…

1 Like

How to say we (revolut) leave switzerland by not saying we leave switzerland: there will be a top up fee which is as high as any other swiss card!
Where is the point of using revolut when I need to pay for top up by card the same amount as using my cembra card? I use revolut 95% when paying abroad or online abroad. I didn’t cared about the lower exchange level for standard clients or the fee during the weekend. But now there is the question why should I use it when I pay the same with my top up card, which makes it lot easier. Would consider the 3€ “premium” account but that is only in germany available.

You can still use wire transfer to top up your account for free.

There are now Swiss competitors offering currency exchange very similar to revolut

2 Likes

which takes days to get transferred, not during weekends, not a real option. there are weeks I don’t use it at all and there are days where I use it heavily when being abroad.

@Benutzer Who would you recommend? topping up by card is the favourite way to charge or any other fast possibility.

I agree! And furthermore I have no troubles getting funds to my account there. Revolut seems to reject all my transfers from a Swiss account to my Revolut account. Alas! I’ll throw down the beg!

I raccomend Yuh and Neon, but you can top up only by IBAN. Swissbanker support top up by card but is expensive
Unfortunately Switzerland not support instant IBAN transfer

I’m also from Switzerland and have Neon, Zak, Revolut (since week), yuh (since yesterday).
Why complain about Revolut. Use it as second account, for every day payments, online shopping, travel. For main Account use one of Swiss Banks neon, zak, etc. Im using zak, its great but app UI look outdated, and if you need to pay bills or ebills in zak you receive each time the code per sms.
This is sooo stupid. Revolut has very modern ui, i love it because of virtual card, one way virtual card, and junior card. Also top up with zak visa card works great. I used neon also for two years, its ok but to basic. yuh is great, has modern ui and multi currency account. Im waiting till ebill is implemented in yuh and than im gonna close zak and move to yuh as my main account.

1 Like

If you don’t like Revolut as a swiss resident I would only suggest to go to Neon as they also have very good change rates and low fees (Pricing) . I’m happy with them eventhough I still use revolut abroad as I don’t mind to make a bank transfer when I need it (transfers take max 1 open day and never had any trouble, don’t forget to enter your reference correctly). Only thing Neon app is not as complete as Revolut (stats, conversions, etc…) but it might be an advantage for some.
YUH is also a good option, but still a bit more expensive abroad or change rates)

Cheers!

1 Like

Actually since I get money back from cembra, not only the regular cashback, but the promotions as well I used it recently while shopping after the german border. yes I paid more, but that was not that much, I saved much more by going abroad. I dont like to transfer big amounts to revolut since I dont really trust them after hearing lots of account blocks. card topping up was much easier and faster.