Title: Get paid on Upwork - Direct to Local Bank (EUR)
Need to know:
I am using Upwork as a freelancer from Hungary.
I would like to send the money directly to Revolut account (rather USD but any one will do).
I want to use this Payment Method:
1. Direct to Local Bank (EUR)
These are not options for me:
2. PayPal (not directly to Revolut account) 3. Payoneer (not directly to Revolut account) 5. Direct to U.S. Bank (USD) (Revolut is not a Local U.S. Bank.) 4. Wire Transfer (USD) (very expensive, 30 USD per withdrawal)
Available Payment Methods on Upwork
These are the available Payment Methods on Upwork:
1. Direct to Local Bank (EUR) $0.99 USD per withdrawal Deposit to your local bank account in EUR 2. PayPal $2 USD Upwork withdrawal fee PayPal may charge additional fees for sending and withdrawing funds. 3. Payoneer $2 USD per withdrawal Payoneer charges additional fees to withdraw funds. 4. Wire Transfer (USD) $30 USD per withdrawal Send funds via wire to any bank in USD 5. Direct to U.S. Bank (USD) Free payments to U.S. banks Deposit to a U.S. bank account in USD
What I tried:
1. Direct to Local Bank (EUR) I am stuck at the first step. Site ask for SWIFT Code but does not accepts Revolut's Code. Additional info below the form field: SWIFT codes are 8 or 11 characters. I tried both of them: REVOGB21XXX nor REVOGB21 Error message: _Sorry, Local Funds Transfer to this bank is not available_ However if I change GB to HU it turns to green and asks for Bank details as described in 4. Wire Transfer (USD) below.
4. Wire Transfer (USD)
Upwork does not make it easy, but I could manage to save.
It has been already checked and approved by Upwork very quickly.
It askes for Bank SWIFT Code where REVOGB21 was accepted.
Bank not found
Please check the SWIFT code or enter branch address manually
Then you fill up your personal details and push the Save button.
At that time at the top of the form 3 new fields appear:
Bank Name: REVOLUT LTD,
(Bank) Address: 1 CANADA SQUARE, CANARY WHARF,FL.42,
(Bank) City and State/Province: LONDON
I found this link about Revolut company details
in one of the Revolut community posts:
What I am asking:
In terms of what I did and what I want to work is:
1. Direct to Local Bank (EUR)
I would ask some help to understand
- why the REVOGB21 SWIFT Code is not acceptable (not a EU IBAN?)
- but the GB replaced to HU as REVOHU21 (even other EU countries: ES) is acceptable in this case even if it’s not a valid SWIFT Code? I am aware of REVOHU21 would completely fail when making a payment at Upwork.
I have sent the question to Upwork as well.
Question to Upwork
Why is Revolut not accepted as Payment Method: Direct to Local Bank (EUR)?
I checked at The SWIFT organization offers a lookup service as recommended in the Upwork Help Center: http://www.swift.com/bsl/
Search results(1 BICs found). Last update: 4 Jan 2019
REVOGB21 REVOLUT LTD LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
They are clearly identifiable! Why it is invalid at Direct to Local Bank (EUR) when typing their SWIFT Code?
[ UPDATE ]: [Get paid on Upwork - Direct to Local Bank](Answer from Upwork.)