GBP account?

Hello, how can I get my GBP account so I am listed as beneficiary?

Check out this: Unique GBP Sort Code and Account Numbers.:

OK. Thank you. Will this service ever be accessible from outside of UK? And if I send money to current sort codes, will the money be added to my Revolut in-app account? Thank you

@meme Revolut is currently available only for legal EEA residents, keep in mind that you can receive money only within UK. Unique EUR & USD accounts are coming soon, as well as expansion of the Revolut services for more countries! :slight_smile::r:

Well, I’m resident of the Czech Republic, so EU/EEA residentship isn’t a problem. However, UK account would be handy - I’ve passed though ID Card verification. If someone from UK sends me money to my account, will it be added to Revolut balance? Because I see only this:

I expected that I would receive unique account on my behalf (i.e. beneficiary would be “me”, not Revolut)?

@meme In order to use your unique GBP account make sure that you have accepted new T&C, If you haven’t done that before and you don’t have any option now contact the In-app support. As I answered above you can only receive money within UK for now. Unique EUR & USD (IBAN) accounts are coming soon! :r:

I’ve registered several days ago… So I have to contact support, apparently. Thanks.

How did it go? I am also resident of Czech Republic so I am interested if contacting the support helped you to get the UK current account. Thanks.

You can only have a personal GBP account if you are a resident of the UK. They’re coming soon for everyone, though :slight_smile: EUR and USD too!

I was not able to find this info anywhere on the site, news or faq :frowning: The home page just says

Open a free UK current account in 3 minutes, without a proof of address or credit check. Other countries are coming soon.

Did you find it in FAQ? Or has this question been already asked on this forum? It would the best thing since sliced bread to be able to have 3 local bank accounts (U.S., UK, EU) under one entity.

If you are outside of the UK, other people cannot send funds into your account via bank transfer, only if they also have a :r: account. For now, you can only use it to top-up by entering the reference. Personal GBP (EUR and USD too!) accounts are coming soon for everyone in the EEA :slight_smile:

What is your source for this info? Thanks.

This post is from before the feature was launched, you can see that you must be registered in the UK :slight_smile:

Hi Marko,

I have an urgent issue, similar to yours, I am also going to do a summer internship: My local GPB account states “Revolut LTD” as a beneficiary and a transfer to this account therefore requires a reference number. For my salary payments, I need an account that states myself as a beneficiary. A close friend of mine is also a Revolut user (he signed up from the same country) and his local GPB account states himself as a beneficiary, no reference number needed.

This friend and me work for the same company, his Revolut account works for the salaray payments while mine does not. What do I need to do to fix this?

I need to solve the issue by the end of this week, otherwise my salary payment might be delayed!

Best
Franz

Hi !

Did you find a solution?

I have an urgent issue, similar to yours: My local GPB account states “Revolut LTD” as a beneficiary and a transfer to this account therefore requires a reference number. For my salary payments, I need an account that states myself as a beneficiary. A close friend of mine is also a Revolut user (he signed up from the same country) and his local GPB account states himself as a beneficiary, no reference number needed.

This friend and me work for the same company, his Revolut account works for the salaray payments while mine does not. What do I need to do to fix this?

I need to solve the issue by the end of this week, otherwise my salary payment might be delayed!

Best
Franz