Funds Locked, no verification option.

When getting details for a bank transfer top-up there was no mention of any limits.

I transferred funds yesterday evening, after ~3 hours an alert popped up with a message saying I would need to confirm where the funds originated from.

On logging in to the app there was no mention or method to do this, merely a ‘pending’ notification and the amount I had transferred - not credited to the account.

I contacted support and was told that there is a specific team that deals with this but there is high demand for this service, but they’ll be in touch.

I’ve subsequently asked how long this may take and for it to be escalated - no response to either request.

After a quick look at the help section in-app, it transpires you require some sort of verification for larger transfers - on clicking that link there is no method to supply this information to you - so I now have some considerable funds stuck in Revolut and no communication from you.

These funds are required and are time sensitive - please advise on how to verify the account so that the funds can be released.

Also, it would be beneficial for the user-experience that transfer limits are prominently displayed on the bank transfer information screen so others do not fall into this situation again.

Hi there.

Please note that the pending transfer to your Revolut account will be automatically be assigned to your account, once you have increased your annual top up limits. In order to increase your annual top-up limits, you’ll need to provide official documents showing the transactions that generated the funds used to top up your Revolut account, along with a copy of a bank statement showing the funds entering/leaving a personal bank account in your name.

I’m now aware of this as I read the help section after sending the transfer, however this does not help in any way as my post above describes quite clearly.

There is no method within the application to provide these details to you.

You can send the documents in the chat.

Done.

Please verify the account.

I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.