From Standard to Premium and back

If I upgrade my Standard plan to Premium monthly and then back to Standard, would my original Standard card still work?

What if I do #1 Standard -> #2 Premium -> #3 Standard -> #4 Premium
would my premium card I got on step #2 be re-activated for step #4 or do I need to get a new Premium card on step #4 ?

Once you cancle your subscription your cards will still work. Also if you upgrade, every card which you had before the upgrade, will work as normal

1 Like

Card functionality is the same no matter which plan you are on. In terms of the physical card itself, your plan tier only decides which ā€˜modelā€™ of card you can get - but you can even upgrade to Metal, get a metal card, then downgrade to standard and continue using your metal card (without the Metal benefits).

1 Like

Thanks all for your very comprehensive answers. Iā€™ll stick to the card that I got in my Standard plan and continue to use it with my Premium account then.

Hi there!
Sorry for resurrecting this topic but I have a question and I would rather not open a topic since it seems you already had the same situation.
Question Is simple: If I switch from standard to metal for few months then will I be able to get back to standard later on? For example, if I have to travel a lot in a short period of time and all the other benefits of premium or metal could come in handyā€¦

You can go back to Standard, but I believe that itā€™s a 12 month minimum contract for Metal, so you couldnā€™t take it just for a short time while you travel and go back again

What about premium, is there a minimum term for this. I want the space grey card but would probably pay one month and do any insurance seperately

Do you guys know if a hard search is performed when you sign up for Revolut?

Hi, these things change quickly so I canā€™t guarantee it is the latest.
If I remember, there is a 3 months penalty so if you go back from your metal back to basic, you have to pay 3 months penalty. Or maybe it was 6 months, I donā€™t remember exactly.

But this is only if you did not take the offer of reduced fee when you commit to 12 months.

Unless, like me, you take advantage of the unilateral change in conditions from Revolut to resign your Metal and go back to Basic, without penalty.

To answer your question, yes you will be able to go back to standard but you will pay a penalty.

Hello, Forum, Does this also work going from Premium to Standard and back to Premium? Love the card and account, but wonā€™t be out of the country for some time. Monthly fee is 9.99 USD, so would like to avoid that until Iā€™m travelling overseas. If possible to later go back to Premium with same card and number, I will do that.

My apologies for ā€œbumpingā€ this old thread, but the only other info I could find was archived. Love the card, the service, and the idea.

Thanks!

You can go from Premium back to Standard, and the back to Premium again later and still keep the same card up until itā€™s expiry.
You should be able to downgrade in the app, but bear in mind that there may be a cancellation fee if you havenā€™t reached the end of the initial minimum term.
It should show you this in the app when you go to downgrade though.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

Keep in mind that all plans are 12-month subscriptions!

When youā€™re paying for 12 months upfront, you get a discount, but you wonā€™t get a refund when downgrading, you plan will be active for the whole 12 months.

When paying monthly, itā€™s more expensive. But you can downgrade. A break fee applies. I suggest the FAQs, itā€™s explained in detail there!

1 Like

Great, thank you, very helpful indeed #dd17 and #Frank. We started in 2022 JUL with Premium, paying monthly, so weā€™ll try to downgrade now and upgrade back before before foreign travel. FAQ also very helpful.