French bank account

We would like to open an account in France; we don’t live there but have a home which we use for holidays. We would need the account to pay all kinds of fees like electricity. water etc. Is this possible? French based banks are difficult to approach as our French isn’t yet good enough for lengthy conversations.

2 Likes

Hello @Lucienne Welcome to the community. :wave:

Thank you for reaching out to us. France falls under the list of supported countries for Revolut. Make sure you have the necessary documents readily available, such as a valid passport or national ID, and potentially proof of your French address.

If you do not already have a existing Revolut account then you are good to proceed.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

I have a, Dutch, Revolut account. But I suppose one of my family members who own the house too, could open an account?

1 Like

@Lucienne Yes they can, supported documents will be listed on the in-app submission screen. We only accept unexpired documents

• The name on the document must match the name on your Revolut account
  • If your nationality is different from your current residential address, you may be asked for proof of address or other additional documents
  • If you’re having issues with identity verification, please visit this FAQ in our Help Centre

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team

Your electricity bill is a proof of residence, it does not matter if you live there or not. It can be the basis for opening a normal bank account in France, and Revolut should not be an exception. You should also be able to use any other document with your address on it, like taxe foncière, insurance contract or property purchase contract.

2 Likes