Free Transfer lies

Ok I believe there’s no point of discussing this further. I understand your feedback and I will pass it on.

Best,

Andreas K.

Yes, but the others to which Revolut compares their cost are no gamble. Western Union will tell you exactly how much you pay in advance. So the comparison is just flawed.

If it’s a gamble, what about using this comparison here instead?
2c6ba4f68e916a5157c452482244a526cc76aceb_1_690x422

Once again pointing you at the claim: TOTAL COST OF SENDING … TO …

4 Likes

Thank you for that…

Exactly my point.

That‘s what I wanted to explain with my experience. Thanks for pointing clearly on that.

You/ Revolut might not be lying but your certainly being dishonest to your loyal customer.
and its terrible and has ended up costing I am sure not only myself but many a lot of money

1 Like

I don’t know how they do it, but other institutions can actually warranty that despite using SWIFT by paying X the beneficiary will receive Y.

when paying you need to be 100% sure the beneficiary receives what it’s due or you’ll have troubles.

when one compares the cost of a transfer the operation is seen as a whole, not a series of hops. the question is very simple: how much should I pay for my supplier/landlady/hotel/friend to receive Y? With most services I can easily answer that, unfortunately not with revolut. I know that in some cases with Revolut X-Y is pretty close to 0 but only IF, IF and IF.

I do understand Revolut’s offering, I use it and I’ll continue using it but unfortunately I know I can’t rely on Revolut to do international payments because I can’t know how much will the beneficiary receive. I do use services that are upfront and warranty my payment will arrive complete.

I also understand the frustration of those using Revolut for the first time without having read all details of the T&C but trusting advertising on your front page which is not representative and only true under not evident circumstances. some would call this kind of advertising lying.

I really wish you would change this practice and actually charge me an honest fee that guarranties my beneficiaries will be paid correctly, and so I can actually compare the cost with transferwise, starling, wester union, worldremit, etc. currently I can’t know so I can’t compare and can’t trust Revolut on this fundamental part of global businesses

7 Likes

Maybe you guys in the known can agree that, but I had never heard of SWIFT, SEPA, IBAN etc before I joined these forums. I still don’t really understand what they all are, and how they compare to BACS, Faster Payments, Internet Banking transfer, etc. I am no expert in international money transfers, and just want to understand clearly what gets charged for and what doesn’t. For Revolut to claim that a transfer is free just because they aren’t charging for it doesn’t help me, and to withhold the information that other fees might apply is deceitful, or at best weaselly.

6 Likes

I do find @jucs arguments compelling.

The Revolut front page advert is simply not comparing like with like, and so is misleading.

Any attempt at justifying otherwise is pure semantics and Revolut ought to know better.

This saga makes me a bit uneasy and I hope is not illustrative of a culture within Revolut. A culture that is careless with transparency and truthful representation, one that is dismissive of efficient and timely customer care, not responsive to customer concerns and complaints. One that is defensive and tries to continually justify.

Time will tell if my fears are unfounded. I hope they are.

2 Likes

I’m sure @anon33247966 put this thread on mute by now :frowning_face: I would be overwhelmed on his impossible position.

he said he is handing this over to the marketing/legal teams though.

but maybe @anon71086934 can give us a fresh update? :wink:

Agreed, however it’s important that the criticism was not about blaming Revolut for the transfer fees of other banks. They offer a free handover into the Swift system which is a nice feature. And as one user pointed out using a transfer to the US, it can sometimes lead to free transfers which is cool. So, in case you have to send money repeatedly it seems to make sense to try out Revolut and if it’s cheap or free, use it instead of TransferWise or Western Union. However, this is absolutely not the way the service is presented.

I know that @anon33247966 can’t confirm publicly that there is something fishy about his employer’s advertisement, but I was a bit disappointed by his arguments which seemed strongly biased and not logical.

4 Likes

Hopefully not too long.

Overwhelmed? Why? There is a very valid point people are trying to make it. If i were him i would just conclude that without beating around the bush for 50 posts. Without the overwhelming culmination.

Hi again. Thank you for your valuable feedback. I appreciate your personal opinion. It’s not about winning an argument it’s about expressing ideas and constructive feedback that can help us improve our services. However, we’re free to disagree.

Regards,

Andreas K.

1 Like

Are you looking for a job? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When was the last time I did that?

2 Likes

It’s all a matter of perspective.

P.S. I’m looking forward for my retirement :joy:

3 Likes

Revolut doesn’t provide “OUR” SWIFT transfers, only “SHA” …

How do you know what Revolut does provide ??
Does Revolut ask you to choose OUR, SHA, BEN ???

When I send Money with Revolut / SWIFT, Revolut does not ask me
about “OUR, SHA, BEN”

thats the Problem, I don’t know what happen with the sending money.
For me it looks like Revolut does automatically take the “BEN”.

So that’s why sometimes extremely high costs does eliminate the “real exchange rates” witch Revolut provides.

Revolut: Please do the customer let decide OUR, SHA, BEN !!!

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello I’ve just opened an account with revolut. Can you tell me once the swift fee is paid do you get the interbank rate or an exchange rate from the bank who take commission’s

@Steveblack31, it sounds as if you intend to send a payment in a different currency from the currency of the destination account. Never do this, as the receiving bank will give you a terrible rate over which you have no control. Always send the payment in the same currency as the destination account.

1 Like