Free ATM Map

ATM withdrawal is often not free, even with a Premium card. It would be great if there was a button taking you to Google Maps with the free ATMs marked around your current location. Could also then allow users to rate ATMs (never has enough cash, etc…). My own experience in Spain is that probably more than 50% of ATMs charge fees and some of them really excessive: Santander charges 5€ flat fee, even if you only withdraw 20€ !

3 Likes

https://atm.pm/ could be useful.

Developed by @Juliopp.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what we need ! Just need to include the other banks - and have a link on the app.

2 Likes

That’s still…

• under very early development
  • only valid in Spain yet until I receive user feedback
    :wink:
3 Likes

Sorry - didn’t see that you had already included the other banks - excellent work. Let’s hope someone from Revolut picks up on it and includes it in the next version. User comments and rating would also be great

3 Likes

If the users could add their own ATMs with comments, I reckon it would pretty soon have most ATMs included.

4 Likes

Hey @Matt99, let me briefly elaborate on how this works.
The tool displays all the ATMs on the Openstreetmap’s database (which is open, and you can - and should - expand! :smile:).
Then, it uses certain filters to guess whether it’s free or not (really basic) based on user input :face_with_monocle:

Therefore:
Who can add/edit ATMs: anyone, approved by the OSM community
Who can edit “free/paid” rules: anyone, approved by me (this can be changed with further development :wink:)

I’ll try to explain this on a separate post to gather user input.

7 Likes

That’s brilliant - just what we need. How can we convince someone at Revolut to include this ?

3 Likes

Easy.

:R: hires @Juliopp . :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I have a strict policy of accepting exclusively pizza coupons as a mean of payment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
No, seriously, I feel flattered but I’d be so nice to see :r: partnering with Google or Visa or MasterCard to offer something like this, even if it’s not 99.99% reliable and directly accesible through the app (maybe through the forum or so)

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m working on that as I’m typing. Genius :smile:

3 Likes

ezgif-4-2708f319dc

3 Likes

will this ever come to life? searching for a free ATM takes ages and actually most of the time Revolut card loses it´s purpose - being handy and cheap to have

1 Like

Yes great idea.

We have a list now but it has not been updated with all countries.

I suggest a Map In-App by country to be sure the ATM has no fees.

Revolut users could vote with stars (as payments already offer this option) in order to know if the ATM is reliable or not.

4 Likes

Great idea !!! It will be very usefull

2 Likes

This link is stopped working. Error is returned:

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).

1 Like

Nice job @Juliopp. Hope Revolut can implement something similar.

1 Like

excellent idea.yesterday i tried to withdraw by an ATM ( ibercaja ) .i see the screen in which i would be charged 1,80€ and i desisted.but i see in my APP that appears as “withdrawn and pending”. any suggestion ? Update

I want to comment that everything was solved in 24 hours. My money back to my account. Because the withdrawal did not come to make

1 Like

Give us the url ,please

1 Like