I assumed it wasn’t working at all, and nearly ended up deleting the app and starting again… The process I went through:
- Make sure the app has is closed.
- Open the app and select passcode instead of biometrics.
- Select forgot passcode.
- Supplied my phone number.
- Received an email and clicked the authenticate link.
- This took me straight back to the phone number request screen in the app…
For the first couple of attempts, I assumed the process had failed for some reason. On the third attempt, I entered my phone number for a second time and this allowed me to continue, answer security questions and complete the process. I think the app could be a little clearer.