Fees for payments to Romanian banks and state treasury accounts

Well its time to make my 1st payment of taxes.
I think i need to open another bank account in different bank to be able to do this.
This sucks badly.

It’s not only you can’t pay taxes as RO company with Revolute Business that’s also you can not receive money from google as it send it only to RO accounts, but RO account provided by Revolute does not accept any transfers from abroad. That’s make Revolute business bank and offer quite useless for companies registered in Romania.

For accepting payments and invoices I just use my LT IBAN. Works fine, but would like to know why the RO IBAN can’t accept payments?

Hi everyone :wave:,

Please find the transfer fees related details here. Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Dear SG.Mandal, how is it relevant at all to this topic and issue?! We do not talk here about transfer fees at all. is it just to answer?

1 Like

Hi all. I can confirm end of January 2023 the feature still doesn’t work. You don’t have a second reference text field for transfers to Romanian Treasury. Talked to customer support. They don’t know when will it be ready. I tried Wise (personal, but doesn’t matter), same thing. They invalidate the transfer nowadays, it won’t even go out, it will just fail, you can’t transfer out to these accounts.

Had to open a Romanian bank to do my taxes. Cuts 50lei/month at most banks. Some are free for the first year.

Looking forward for the fix.

1 Like

I made BT free account for 1 year and i use it for these payments. Revolut uses libra bank i guess for ron transfers, so it should be easy to implement another voice where you put the CUI . I dont see this being finished any time soon, because we are logging to REVO not directly to Libra account which surely has this implemented. An interface between the 2 banks would be necessary , when you click RON … you get different interface with different options. BT it is until this is fixed. have no choice atm.

Unfortunately nothing changed here and you can use revolut to pay taxes and need to go for local bank account anyway. Also it useless for receive payments from google as well as if you Romanian entity you have to use Romanian IBAN, but they provide with with Libra IBAN which do not accepts transfers from outside of Romania and you can’t use Lithuanian one because google wants Romanian one.

Hello everyone :wave: ,

Sorry for the trouble. :frowning_face: We are always trying to streamline our products, so stay tuned. :rocket: We’re also working on introducing more local IBANs so fingers crossed that we’ll be able to provide Romanian IBAN one day. :blush:

Welcome to our community @kovacshuni. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team

Ahem, you already do have Romanian IBAN’s. That’s not the issue. The issue is when making payments to the Romanian treasury, the treasury requires a special field to include your TIN whether it’s a personal or business transfer. All Romanian banks have introduced this to their online banking apps.

Yes would be nice to have this issue solved because all the payments for taxes have special place where you put the company registration number.
Meanwhile i made 2 accounts for both companies with BT and using that one for paying taxes.

BT would not open a business account for me as I am not a Romanian citizen, which I am sure is illegal as it flies in the face of everything the EU stands for.

UniCredit opened a business account for me and I opened a personal account there too and very please. Apps and service in English 24/7 etc.

I’ll still keep my Rev accounts open for other reasons.

1 Like

I cant post somewhere else but: it seems the business plan is changing, not the one i signed up for when i paid 1 year.
if i understand correctly i have 5 payments …and after that they charge 4-6 euro / transaction. did i get it right?
Quote from email received: "Allowances for international payments for paid plans will change in the following ways (excluding incoming transfers in USD, GBP, EUR, and CHF):

Grow: from 10 to 5"

Does anyone know of any updates to payments for the State Treasury (IBANS that have TREZ )?