fee withdrawal

Bonjour,

On ma pris 0.02$cad de frais pour un retrait, alors que le montant ne dépasse pas la limite de 200€

j’ai fait un retrait de 300$cad, ce qui correspondait a environs 198€ (info prise sur l’application)

Hello,

I took $ 0.02 cad fee for a withdrawal, while the amount does not exceed the limit of 200 €

I made a withdrawal of $ 300 ie, which was around 198 € (info taken on the application)

This may be the weekend markup spread.

Hey @christodu59 :slight_smile:

0.02 CAD equals to being 1 CAD (~0.66€) over the limit… :frowning:

Keep in mind that, during the weekends, “main” currencies’ exchange rates have a 0.5% surcharge, as the markets are closed.

Except that there was no currency conversion, since the money was on my revolute account was already in $ ie.

That’s why I think it was converted into € to calculate the limit of 200 €. off it would not have to calculate the% of the weekend.

I did not get a conversion, since my balance on revolute is already in $ cad.

For the calculation it should not take the 0.5% …

Hey @christodu59 :slight_smile:

True that! This is weird :frowning:
@AndreasK?

The limit is always based on a customers base currency. Not on the actual currency withdrawn.

Hi Christodu,
You should check a value in your base currency just before withdrawal if it is near the end of your limit. But you wrongly calculate the amount, look at the screen shot :

Hi @christodu59

As I can see your base currency is EUR. So your ATM limits are up to 200EUR.

@kylo32 is right :slight_smile:

The exchange rate is not the same as when I made the transaction so normal that its spending;)

There was no conversion since the money was taken directly on the currency in $cad (see my second image)

and at that moment the $ 300 cad was equal to 198.12 €

1 € = 1.5142 $cad
or
$cad 1 = 0.6604 €

Don’t make the mistake of confusing rates here. There are two different rates. You need to find the rate for buying CAD. And not how much EUR you could get for 300 CAD. Two different rates. :wink:

I am not very well understood (I use google translation to speak;))

But my account on revolut was in $ 300cad, so there was no conversion.

at the moment you withdraw $ 300 cad was 198.12 € which is below the limit of 200 € (see first picture)

200 € corresponded to 302.85 $ cad.

I believe you use the wrong rate!

300 CAD = 192 EUR gives you the rate for buying Euros. But I assume, you need to apply the rate for buying CAD here. CAD/EUR and EUR/CAD are two different rates.

Look at the screenshot Kylo posted! EUR needs to be on top in the converter. CAD on top shows you the wrong rate. :wink:

Hm, Capital, I am not sure if I understand correctly what you are saying. GBP/EUR and EUR/GBP are indeed „related“. But every pair comes with a buy and sell price. When using the Revolut converter, the currency on the top defines the base currency. The bottom currency then is calculated using the buy rate for this particular currency. Switching the base currency to the currency one wants to buy (or pay in or withdraw) would mean using the buy rate for the base currency.

This might be counter intuitive, but one has to ask the question: how much of my base currency do I need to buy a particular amount of the other currency I want to pay in.

Sorry if we are trying to say the same thing or if I am making this more complicated than necessary. :thinking:

I understand that what @capital is trying to say is that taking any of the two exchange rates should have the same effect as one (X) acts as the exact opposite of the other (X^-1), @Frank.

That is, if you exchanged EUR into GBP, and then back, and then forth again, and do so a few times (supposing the rate doesn’t fluctuate meanwhile and it’s not weekend), you’d end up with the same exact amount of money, and therefore the 300 CAD will get you 192 EUR, but the other way round, those 192 EUR should be able to buy you those exact 300 CAD back again.

(I hope I’m understanding it well and didn’t say something absurd)

Exactly, this is how I understood it. And that is not the case. Exchanging back and forth will generate a loss with every exchange. Also, this is not due to fluctuation of the live rates. It is due to the spread for each rate pair. Technically, four different prices are involved. But as a customer, the two buy rates are the ones that matter.

But he could have also meant that once one identified the right rate for a given situation, replacing the mathematical operator can give you the right answer. And that could be indeed the case. :nerd_face:

Of course, @frank. I just completely forgot about the fact that the buy/sell rates are different. You’re right.

Still, this doesn’t justify the 0,02 CAD @christodu59 is reporting, none of the historical data would mean that it would take you more than 201 EUR to buy 300 CAD (did I get this right?)