FAQs - Everything You Need to Know

Hi everyone :wave:

After our Poll, it was decided that we would post FAQs on Monday, so here you have them :gift:

These are the first ones, but next month I’ll come back with some more :eyes:

Login / Phone Number Change

• Forgot Passcode Flow
    If you have forgotten your passcode to access the Revolut app, tap on ‘Forgot your passcode?’ in the login page of the app and follow the simple instructions to reset your passcode. You might be asked to take a selfie and answer some questions in order to complete the verification process. If you fail the verification process, you can contact us via in-app chat, even if you’re not logged in. More information can be found here.

• Changed Phone number Flow
    If you have changed your phone number, and are not able to log in to your account, don’t worry. Go to the Login Page, select “Lost Access to My Number”, enter your old phone number and passcode, provide your email address, and follow the prompts to change your phone number.
    If you do not remember your passcode/old phone number, and fail the verification more than three times, the app will redirect you to our in-app chat support. Our support agents will be more than happy to help you with updating your details. More information can be found here.

Transfer from Revolut to Bank Account

• Not to worry, this one is easy enough, and we can help you with that. On the main screen of your app, just tap on the middle button with two arrows at the bottom of the screen, then tap ‘+ New’, and ‘Add a bank recipient’. You’ll be asked to add the bank transfer details for either an Individual, or a Business. Once the beneficiary has been added, tap on it, choose the currency you want to send, and enter the amount. After the amount and currency have been added, tap ‘Continue’ to review your transfer details and estimated arrival time. If you still have troubles with transferring money, do not hesitate to reach out to our Community members, and if you need more information, check this help page.

Revolut Account Details

• Depending on where you are based, you will see different account details.
    As a UK-based user, you have access to local GBP account details. To access these, head to the Home screen > Accounts tab > select British Pound > tap on the British flag to see your GBP account details. Your local GBP Account details will consist of sort code and account number.
    You also have access to local EUR account details, for domestic top-ups within the EU (in SEPA area). To access these, head to the Home screen > Accounts tab > select Euro > tap on the EU flag to see your EUR local account details. Your local EUR Account details will consist of BIC and IBAN. If you are thinking of performing an international bank transfer, we have made an easy-to-follow guide right here. Plus, we are always here in the Community to help you, in case you need an extra hand.

I hope these ones will help you out :handshake:

Stay tuned for next month’s FAQ, and leave in the thread what you would like to see answered here :question:

7 Likes

It’s handy, but only if app is working properly :expressionless:

Very often :r: app is crashing on simple tasks as it’s overcrowded and overloaded :face_with_monocle:
Tech team needs technically to clean it up, properly :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for these reminders !

2 Likes

Never crashes for me :pensive:

5 Likes

Thanks this answered my question,

3 Likes

Great news @karlsultana8 :star:

2 Likes

Hi,

My son registered revolut <18 with his phone number. I also created a <18 account for him which I have activated. I revoked his revolu <18.

However, now I want to enable transfer for his account. It don’t allow him, and the error is phone number registered.

Please advise.

3 Likes

Need to contact support through the app :grin:

3 Likes

Here’s an FAQ I’d like to see! Why, after the last app update, did biometric login stop working!?

And another…Why, after using Revolut for 4 years, am I unable to post to the community? I can only reply!

And finally…What happened to the help system in app? I can see my previous help requests, but can’t make any more!

2 Likes

App updates require latest security to be installed on your device. If your device is old, it doesn’t fit the security requirements to maintain your account security with Revolut. All banks work this way. Buy a new phone.

Being a user of revolut for 4 years doesn’t entitle you to anything more than an account of 4 years via the app ongoing. Community account access is different and has no bearing to your Revolut account, more just a platform to talk, so being a new user as we all were, you can’t just open topics and kick and scream because you have an old phone that does fit security requirements for the bank.

For help, follow the steps of profile. Help - find a topic close to what you require - tap your way through and at the bottom it should say chat with us, then you can reach out to a human.

3 Likes

Thanks for the expedient reply! :grin:

#1 Buy a new phone!? Are you crazy!? :rofl: This thing cost be £1K and is only 5 years old. As for banks, biometric login for Duo, Wells Fargo, Barclays and Lloyds work fine on my device (for now), why not Revolut?

#2 Weird, but OK.

#3 I tried the exact method you suggested and got nowhere. Maybe an option “still can’t find an answer?” to the menus, making a direct post here. There’s an idea :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the help! o7 Cmdr :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@LeadMagnet Hello and Greetings from the :r: community. :hugs:

1. Please ensure that you have the latest app version and Bio metric authentication on your phone is enabled. If the issue still persists then contact us via chat support.

2. Just letting you know that we have a Trust Level system in place, but the more you engage, the higher you will go on your Trust Level. :star:

3. Please check this link to find help on the Revolut app

Hope this helps. @Carl_1460 Thank you for helping out. :blush:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

I have an old OnePlus 3T using Android version 9 and the fingerprint reader still works fine so there may be another issue rather than :r: specifically.
When I have had problems in the past with the fingerprint reader, a couple of things have helped - cleaning the reader with a micro-fibre cloth and the one time nothing seemed to work, I took the nuclear option and reset the fingerprint and that worked a treat thereafter.

2 Likes

Good suggestions…but mine is in the Revolut settings panel. Biometric will not turn on in the app. It’s just greyed out. One day it worked, the next it was shut off…permanently.

3 Likes

@Graham_Lees probably referred to resetting biometrics in the phone’s OS settings, not the app.

4 Likes

yes, sorry if that wasn’t clear… it was the phone setting I reset, not the app.

3 Likes

@Graham_Lees @Frank Thank you for your insightful contribution to the community. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

@LeadMagnet Hope this helped. :blush:

Veda | Community Team

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Samsung Galaxy 8 Fingerprint Reader

I have one account and two cards one for me and one for my wife are the pin numbers going to be the same when I activate the cards as the card numbers are different? cannot seem to find the answer to this question.

2 Likes

Not sure if you can select different PINs, but you can always check. If you go to cards in the app, then select the card in question, click on settings (the little cogwheel) and then choose “view PIN” you can see which PIN was chosen. Just do that for both cards.

2 Likes