FAILED Bank Transfer Top Up via SEPA

Most important feature is mobile payments which Revolut is lacking. When you get people spending with their phones and watches then you can do all the things you listed and most of those things should have been in place long time ago anyway, but right this moment we don’t have anything from your list and no NFC payment options.

I dont think so.

What is that supposed to mean? How does payment via a device solve the top up issue or the banking licence? Exactly, it doesnt.

The mobile payments you referred to are nothing but an added convenience. There is no fundamental improvement there.

1 Like

That is a matter of perspective. I find this argument about what is fundamental kind of silly. There are many feature requests that many different users rate differently. While I agree in principle with you that there are many things on your list more important than mobile payment, there is also about 50 % of what you listet that is irrelevant for me, personally. That doesn’t make it less fundamental for others.

Not really, the upcoming feature does not add anything that one cant already achieve now.

Well, pushing goodie features when basic features are not working or are not available at all does not seem silly to me but simply wrong priorities.

Which one, the banking licence or the local top-up accounts?

Of course there are different needs, but comparing fundamental services to nice-to-haves is a bit silly in my opinion on the other hand :wink:

1 Like

See. Perspective.

Literally, using Apple Pay can’t be achieved now. Now you argue, its not about Apple Pay but making a payment. At a store. Using a card. And here, I just literally changed perspective.

Many points on your list make the assumption that the ideal Revolut product would be one that could completely replace “old school” current accounts. Again, a perspective. With a different perspective, I wouldn’t rate the same things as “basic features” or “fundamental”.

So my point is not to argue about the term “fundamental”. It’s not going anywhere. After all, we don’t know anything about Revolut’s perspective and what they define as “fundamental” or their reasoning for it.

(And it is a misconception that pushing feature A does necessarily result in a delay of feature B.)

Well, the point is the payment, isnt it? And that can be achieved right now using the card you mentioned.

Unless of course the payment is secondary the primary purpose is to wave the newest, most magical, and shiniest iPhone in front of an NFC reader at Starbucks :wink:

The point is - and I already elaborated on that quite a few times - any of those Pay thingies is a conveniency feature. It does not change anything on the service level.

Many? I named two. One of which should be of fundamental interest to any Revolut customer and the second one will introduce fundamental changes in how Revolut can be used to a vast number of Revolut users - albeit not all of course.

Perspective :wink:

From one perspective the point is making a payment. From another perspective, it is how a payment is made. When referring to “convenience” and “fundamental”, you rate the relevance. Any rating is only possible from a given perspective. Without perspective, rating them against each other does not work.

Looking at your list, there are may things that do not overlap, depending on from where you look at it, as a Swiss, UK or potential US customer.

Here are some for example that I would rate as a convenience features as well: automatic exchange when desired rate is reached, faster connection to payment networks, change of base currency.

But that’s okay. I can see that this is relevant and I can imagine situations where it would be for me. Right now, it isn’t. On the other hand, I don’t claim to know what a majority of users would call “fundamental”.

You said that now for the fourth or fifth time and I had thought I had explained, why perspective has little to do with it.

Pardon, but I would not say it matters much how the payment is made. If that is by card or by some other mean is an almost irrelevant detail and boils down to sole convenience. Otherwise, lets please announce and introduce the yhuuuuge feature of cards with personalised Unicorn themes - I am sure we can postpone the banking licence for that :wink: .

Half of my “list” applies to every single Revolut customer, the other half affects a vast number of users, basically everyone who does not exclusively deal with sterling or euro. Neither of which is solely for convenience, because someone could not bother to wave an already contactless card, but both issues are actively preventing certain use of Revolut’s services.

Sorry, you can repeat “perspective” another thirty times, you wont convince me that this is even remotely comparable.

You’re using a twist:

I want to pay with Apple Pay.
I want to change currency at a given rate automatically.

Apple Pay isn’t relevant. The payment is. That can be done already.
Exchanging automatically isn’t relevant. The given rate is. That can be done already.

“Automatic” adds convenience.

Perspective is what allows to define relevance. I don’t want to convince you at all. And see, you’re already down to half of your list. Which brings us to the beginning, where I already agreed with you that I would consider many things on your list more important than mobile payment as well.

In your company, the card design team would handle banking license applications :wink:

I am afraid I am not sure what you are referring to. Could you elaborate?

I am not saying an automatic exchange would be the most “fundamental” feature either, but to continue your example here. An automatic exchange is currently not possible and you have to be glued to the exchange screen to get the right rate. The same cannot be said about any of the Pay thingies. If you pay via Apple or via your card is semantically identical.

Half my list? As I said, half of it is a must, the other half is a semi-must. Neither of both is pure convenience as Apple Pay would be.

At Revolut? I wouldnt be surprised.

Surprisingly, Revolut is still in operation lacking lots of fundamental musts. :wink:

Perspective

I’d like a nice metal card and also a ‘local’ EU card that negates any DCC issues at atm or pos

Your point being? Revolut’s customer care is also relatively sub-par and Revolut is still “in operation”. So I guess you think everything is just fine there, right?

For the record, you dont consider a banking licence necessary?

Well, I believe you’re combining different perspectives already when defining your parameters what qualifies as “fundamental”.

If I am following correctly, you came up with some parameters so far that define “fundamental” for you. Like “a majority / large number of customers should profit from it” and / or (?) “it should add functionality that can’t be achieved otherwise already”.

Some things overlap, some contradict. If it is fundamental that customer support is improved, I might not want them to grow and expand into other countries.

That is why I suggested to get rid of “universal fundamentals” and look at it from individual perspectives.

It all makes more sense so say “this is fundamental so that I can replace my current account with Revolut”. Or “this is fundamental that Revolut stays on a path of innovation and growth”. Or “this is fundamental that current customers do not lose patience and confidence”. Or “this is fundamental to make Revolut this killer option for families, or expats …”

Again, can you please elaborate? I dont think my definition of fundamental is very subjective. Even if you obviously disagree , a proper licence should be a must for any banking institution, long before any currently fashionable payment systems.

What do you mean by contradict?

Which puts us back to Unicorn themed cards. That request is just as individual as some random proprietary payment platform.

Hi AndreasK I would like that they update it, but it’s not happening.

when I wrote that list I was trying to focus on both but not to answer the “what is fundamental?” but “what would change the fundamentally change who can use revolut?”

automatic exchange is convenience but it is allows micromanaging forex profit and holding funds on weekends instead of debiting immediately moves the risk of weekend surprises to the user but also allows us to save a lot of money if apocalypse doesn’t come… which is most of the weekends.

the rest of the points on my list are indeed about things that prevent users from using revolut as it’s “intended” to be used.

I know google/apple/garmin/whatever pay is very convenient to many, but doesn’t fundamentally change the game for anyone imo.

Fundamental change would be when you no longer need a card. Lately i only use Apple Watch and if i like to forget my wallet at home. Works like a charm.

In my mind :r: is defined as a foreign currency card, for a day-to-day card in your home country where paying with your watch when jogging there are plenty better options.

also in my mind a fundamental improvement is one that improves it capabilities in the traveler/cross currency/nomad/global business world where it’s King, but a King walking on a glass roof.

Those problems listed above weaken Revolut’s unquestionable leadership as multicurrency and traveler account/card

Revolut land in US! So happy, now we can change BIC again, in case IBAN will work in the future. Yeah, I’m ironic