Exporting transactions uses wrong date

Hi,

I’ve been exporting transaction list as CSV to keep track of daily budget while traveling. However the dates in the CSV don’t match the dates in the app. The dates in the app are the actual transaction date, the dates in the CSV seem to be the finally processed date, so a day or two after, and any transactions on weekends mostly have Monday’s date.

I used the atm yesterday (Sunday), and that transaction isn’t listed at all in the CSV export I did earlier today (Monday). I think it makes much more sense to use the actual day, and have the export correspond exactly to the app’s transaction list, or else show both dates, day of transaction, and day of final settlement.

Also minor UI suggestion, the clear pin is a < symbol, which seems similar enough to an enter symbol, when it’s actually supposed to represent a backspace. Because it lags a bit processing the pin to login, sometimes I hit it without thinking and clear pin. Also fingerprint support would be good, I thought it was there at one stage?

2 Likes

Hello @Brendan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me clarify that the reason behind this, is because, a transaction can be pending meaning that it hasn’t yet authorised or declined. Therefore, on the statement, you can see when a transaction has been settled.

Fingerprint feature is available, make sure you have it enabled both on Revolut and phone.

Please let me know if you have further enquiry.

Best,

Andreas K.

@anon33247966 - Why would the card holder be interested in the settlement date? It’s totally irrelevant to the card holder. I have noticed this too, and it’s very annoying to see the wrong date on transactions, particularly a date that has no relevance to me.

@anon33247966 Thanks for replying. I realise it is showing settlement date, as I said originally. But that’s not really too important, particularly when it bunches all weekend transactions to Monday, and especially as the export doesn’t show some recent transactions listed in the app. It should list the transaction date primarily, and possibly also the settlement date (although as @NFH says, that’s pretty much useless) if needed.

I would also like to voice my opinion that this is a problem also for me: exporting a statement is mostly useful to make an expense report, and if the date is wrong, it’s confusing. Please put also the transaction date in the statement.

1 Like

Is there any update on this issue?
This is affecting anyone trying to do something useful with the Revolut statement. All other bank statements I’ve got from various financial institutions include a transaction date. It’s pretty embarrassing that this was missed from the exports and it’s a pretty easy fix to just add a column.

1 Like

One quick fix that other institutions feature is they supply both a transaction date and a settlement date. Having both data points, the user can then select which is applicable to them.

I assume there’s a Product/UX team at Revolut. Please show them this thread. To the end-user, we care about tracking when our money actually parted with us, not when the institution deems the transaction finalised.

For us, it’s important to know on which day/time our money was spent on something.

I hope this gets addressed soon.

1 Like

Revolut people. I just spent 2 hours filling my first ever expense list, being happy I got revolut to do such an awesome thing.Unfortunately I DO NOT see some transactions, because they were finished IN YOUR books on a later date (which I do not care about at all) when I choose a month statement. I will now delete everything and use a simple email, just like I did before, having wasted 2 hours. Good job. This was opened 3 damn years ago and you didn’t do anything about it.

Hi people at Revolut. I hope you look into this. I know there aren’t many of us who are discussing this issue, but to us, it’s a really important thing.

Dear Revolut Product Team,

My name is Boris, I lead the Customer Success team at Waltio which is the #1 cryptocurrency tax software in France. We help +50 000 cryptocurrencies owners (individual and professional investors) to comply with tax and accounting regulations.

Revolut is among the most used platforms to buy cryptocurrencies. Yet, calculating crypto-tax for Revolut customers requires a lot of specific manual work.

So my team and I decided to share with you some feedback and recommendations.

Cryptocurrency tax is becoming a concern for their owners globally and we do believe our recommendations will accelerate cryptocurrency adoption through Revolut ecosystem. We shaped our recommendation while making sure they can be applied to all crypto tax systems across the world. Me or my team are available can make some time available discuss further over a short call.

This note is intended to make Revolut transactions history file more machine-readable and scalable for millions of users.

1 - Today, Revolut offers the possibility to download a file by crypto. This creates many files to analyze and also duplicates. For example, if a customer buys XRP with BTC, the transaction will be present in the BTC & XRP file. However, in order to calculate capital gains for companies and individuals, we need to analyze each of their transactions. So they have to look at which transactions are duplicates and delete them one by one.

2- We see as a best practice form crypto exchanges, setting individual transaction id into a transactions history file helps the tracking for tax and accounting* prospective*.Transactions history format varies and should respect CSV standards :

Transaction history format varies and should respect the CSV format:

• The current format date is not machine-readable and you are using localisation. If the client is registered in England, then the month will be entered in English = feb, whereas if the client is registered in France, the month will be entered in French = fév.
  • Transactions dates have no time
  • Transactions dates have no timezone

We would need at least a time and a timezone.

• No “fees” column because you put them in the description field.

We have had several hundred files that have caused problems and this creates a considerable workload for us.

Examples of problems with the file I am sending you in the attachment:

“August” - The comma is used as a column separator as well as a comma for the numbers. We suggest to surround the value with double commas.

When you make a file, you need to define which separator (comma). Indeed, sometimes in the cell, there is a need to put a comma, as for example for numbers. So the csv standard is that if you need a comma in your cell, then you should surround the cell with quotation marks.

Example in screenshot:

BALANCE LTC, no quotes, so LTC 0 for Excel and cell after 653 in another cell.

Ordinary people who try to open with it can’t do anything with it.

• The description is not surrounded by a comma

It seems to us that your code is evolving as you go along and we understand that.

Well, sometimes no comma but semi-colon.

Is it possible to clarify this for us please?

Thank you very much

We recommend to change the file format, please find enclosed our Waltio format.
Many thanks,
Best regards