Export Transaction List with more Information

When I choose to export my transaction list the amount of information in the csv file is limited. We were recently using it as a kitty on holidays and I was using the comment field to track what we spent money on. If I could search on this comment field in the csv file it would be great! Really we should see as much information as possible and we can choose what to hide and show.

I come from a payments background and I love what you guys are doing. Well done!

11 Likes

Hi @RichieMac79,

What other information would like to see on your transaction list?

Thank you

Hi @anon33247966,

The things I would like to see are:

• Comments, if any
  • Fees
  • Geographical Place

Comments would be the important one, especially if I was trying to filter transactions.

We used your app in Bali and Malaysia and it worked perfectly. Good work!

Richie

2 Likes

Hi,

I’d love the statistics associated to the account but I found it quite limited.
I come from a computer science background, so i decided to write a script myself, based on your export file.

As @RichieMac79 I found the ‘.csv’ file quite limited.
I would like to have as many information as I could. I know you already clusterize by type (i. e. Housing, Travel, Transfert, etc) and by country. I don’t think it’s difficult to put data that you already have it into the .csv that I can already export.

Thanks for all you have done so far !
I take every opportunity to speak about Revolut !

/Chronos

3 Likes

Agreed - it would be great to export the ‘Comment’ field and also the Category field into the .csv file to search and filter in Excel

5 Likes

The export functionality needs some love. QIF and more data is an important upgrade!

1 Like

+1 for export of comments. That’d be very helpful to automatically process transactions in other finance tools.

1 Like

I’m requesting for the same. Descriptions in export.

Also it would be very nice to add the exact time also, not just the date.

1 Like

I would also like to export the DESCRIPTION field.

I just can’t use Revolut anymore for anything serious, because data export (CSV) is almost useless.
Date is in “human only” readable format. It’s not possible to import it in any personal finance software without manually editing dates first.
Date should be in any fixed date format, like YYYY-MM-DD or DD.MM.YYYY (whatever Excel recognises as valid date).
The best option for me would be if you integrate with SaltEdge and let me automatically download transactions into my personal finance software (MoneyWiz, Spendee, Banktivity, 
)

2 Likes

Card number in exports (or first/last digits) pleaaase. The interest of having multiple cards would be largely increased =)

Hi @jnai9
Yes, it was so annoying to fix the CSV in Excel :roll_eyes: so I have created a tool to do it automatically.
Check my service, if it works for you.

Here is it: https://revolut2qif.tolbxela.com

The service fixes some problems of Revolut CSV and determines the right payee.
No data from CSV files is saved on the server except of total amount and total sum of transactions. I wanted to make the service absolutelly safe to use.
It is a fully working prototype now with minimal functionality. I could made it much sofisticated, if it needed. I am pretty curious how much it will be used. :slight_smile:
Have fun with the service and give some feedback, if you like it or not.

1 Like

Thank you for your effort.
I have since then opted for a subscription in personal finance App which integrates with SaltEdge to sync transactions automatically.

Same request!
I tried the tool suggested by @Tolbxela but it doesn’t work, which probably means the issued statement format has changed once again 

Hello @rudyklein,
I am the developer of revolut2qif service.
I can fix the convertor, if you send me the header of the CSV file with one sample row of data.
Just take two first rows from your file and change the money amounts in the second row, if you like to hide them from me.
You can send it as private message or by email at email@tolbxela.com.

Hello,
The user need is that you implement a statement compatible with gnc, ofx, etc formats. All other banks do that.

Best regards
Rudy

oups sorry i thought you were a revolut dev ahah

@rudyklein: I have fixed the convertor. Please try again with your CSV file.
If it still does not work, contact me over the Contact Form: Contact - CSV2QIF

Hello,
The format of my CSV file is:
Date de fin ; Description ; Crédit (EUR) ; Débit (EUR) ; Opérations de change débitrices; Opérations de change créditrices; Solde (EUR); Catégorie; Notes

if I translate in english:
Completed Date; Description; Paid in (EUR); Paid out (EUR); Exchange Out; Exchange In; Balance (EUR) ; Category; Notes

I don’t know why the order of paid in and paid out is different of your english header. And why the order of paid in/paid out is different of the order of exchange Out/exchange In 
 I think it’s a bug because when i look at the operations, the paid out transactions are in the column paid in 

And the number format is in french format (i.e. decimal separator is a comma and not a point an thousand separator is a space and not a comma).

I can’t change the app language to english in order to have the good header and number format
 what a mess 

Thx for your efforts btw @Tolbxela

1 Like