Experience in Qatar ?

Hey everyone,

Seems Revolut is not working in Qatar.
I tried to send money from CBQ to Revolut by a telex transfer in the Villaggio branch last week back and it got sent back to my CBQ account. Reason due to QNB compliance.
I then tired to remit QAR money back to my Revolut USD account online with CBQ bank app that also got sent back today.

Anyone got any alternative options what to do?

Is it just transfers to Revolut that are the problem. For instance can you send money from Qatar to say Transferwise in either QAR or USD?

Have you tried HSBC?

Hi

Transferwise seems not to be active in Qatar.
No idea about HSBC

I got a premium account in Revolut last month but now I can not use it as a consequence of this decision about cutting Lloyd transfers.

Very dissapointed with Revolut

1 Like

Although Transferwise has double the currency number, unfortunately does not have QAR in its list :frowning:
But, TW did the job on my latest travels, as my QAR did not arrive to Revolut.

Following the Revolut changes I had similar problems transferring from overseas to my Revolut USD account. HSBC do not automatically pick up Revolut in their system and so all my transfers now have to be processed manually. I would suggest opening an account with HSBC Qatar and see if that solves the issue?

If you qualify for a Premier account then you will also get Lounge access for free :grimacing:

Currently, I do send USD, QAR or EUR from my HSBC Qatar to HSBC international (France) and from there shoot it to my Revolut balance (via SWIFT = 0 fees).
What I have not tried is to send from HSBC Qatar some QAR to my Revolut QAR account.
Subsequent question, let’s assume I have EUR and QAR account, when I use my Card (physical) in QAR POS for example, will the card detect this and offer to take from my Revolut QAR account? Would there be any fees in that case?

I think it debits from your base Revolut account first (GBP, EUR or whatever). If there is not enough in your base account it will then take from the Revolut QAR account.

To be certain it debits from the account you want it to, move money to Vaults or deactivate accounts.

So from your investigation i will not be able to send money from my QNB Euro account to my revolut Euro account? any ideas how to transfer the money?

Has anybody actually tried HSBC? I haven’t heard of any problems in the past transferring from HSBC.

My advice first is to have a back up. Transferwise borderless and Starling for example. Very easy to open. Take both cards.

1 Like

Personally I’d take Revolut Visa, Revolut MC, Starling and an Amex.

1 Like

Hi,
Except CBQ (3.6695), every bank has a better USD/QAR rate (usually 3.65) than Revolut (3.66)
Last time checked Barwa had 3.649, but I am OK with QNB 3.6502 as well.
Personally, I exchange at QNB and transfer USD to where ever, like TW, last time to Saxo Bank. Arrived in 1-2 hours.

Within Qatar I use my local cards, since everything is for free, dunno why I should use Revolut.
During my travels (that is on hold since Feb) Transferwise, as did not upload Revolut for while now.

If you can’t live without Revolut, transfer to TW and than to Revolut.

I have been sending money back to my Revolut account quite easily from Qatar (USD and QAR).
USD fee is $25 / QAR fee is 39QAR. I did 10,000 USD and 10,000 QAR several times now.
USD takes around 5 days.
QAR takes around 7-10 days.
I use HSBC Qatar.

Rock on Revolut :slight_smile:

I use the IBAN and the physical address of Revolut in London.
That’s it. No SWIFT required for me.

You can get swift from the statement
in the app. Pick a transaction and click on the statement

Yep. Good luck.
Revolut would be soooooo popular in the GCC given the large amount of expats around here. They would make millions.

Hi everyone,
Let me share some update regarding banks accepting Outward transfers to revolut I am aware of (in USD or any currency, save QAR) as of june 2020:

• Doha Bank
  • Barwa
  • Masraf Al Rayan

The bad guys: QNB, CBQ and Al Khaliji.

According to what can be read above HSBC also works (I haven’t tried), and even directly in QAR. I am not sure why anyone would do that since revolut would divide your QAR balance by 3.666 should you want to reconvert in USD for instance at the time I am writing this.

Questions for the wizards out there,p: how do you send USD to TW???

My TW USD account doesn’t give me an Iban. Are you using a pooled TW account with a ref number? I found a reference to a generic TW USD Account on their website held at Barclays in the UK.

HSBC allows transfer in the GCC. UAE AED to Revolut AED, KSA SAR to Revolut SAR etc? No fees, no hassle, 3 days transfer.

Then you can make the exchange directly within Revolut app …exchange to USD, GBP, EUR, …etc

Hi
I recently opened an Revolut premium account in UK primarily to receive QAR as I will be starting a new job in Qatar soon. However at the time of writing this post, the xe.com rate between GBP and QAR is 4.89 yet the Revolut rate in my app to convert from QAR to GBP is 4.98 or 0.2008!!! Why the huge difference? If its normal to see such a huge difference in then I might as well stick with my Transferwise account to receive USD from Qatar. Re: transferwise, can someone confirm that they accept USD payments from Qatar despite Qatar not being on the list of countries from which they accept USD payments?
Thanks

Hi guys!

Before i was sending some money (maximum of 3000 usd each time) from qnb mobile app to my revolut with absolutely no problems. Last transaction i did was a test transaction of 30 usd from my qnb account to my usd revolut account (using my old GB IBan) made on 4 Jan 2021 and i received the money in revolut on 6Jan.
Then, on 7 Jan, i sent 10950 QAR (3000 usd) to my revolut USD old GB iban.

Today, 14 Jan i didn’t receive the money. I asked qnb the swift details which i sent to revolut customer service.
QNB says that transaction was successful, Revolut says that they don’t have the transaction in the system but confirmed that all details are correct.

QNB says there’s a unknown fee if i ask to track the transaction even if this wasn’t my mistake!?

Of course i don’t want to pay for nothing that was not my fault. So what are my options here?

If i just do nothing and wait, the money will eventually return to my account?