EUR transaction charged to my GBP account

Made an online euro booking and have found that the charge has been applied to my GBP account within Revolut converted at a poor exchange rate. Nowhere when I transacted did it say anything other than Euros. I’m getting fed up with Revolut and wish I hadn’t bothered after numerous other problems. Support is non-existent and I’m getting charged what I would have via my high street card anyway

You get Interbank FX exchange rate, so I’m not sure why that was defined as “poor”, unless that was done in the weekend, when the 0.5% spread is applied.

I would say 1.12 is poor when the rate is 1.17

This is interesting, I would like to know if this was actually a bug. Silly question, I know, but your Revolut EUR account had sufficient funds at the time of payment?

There is no such thing as the rate. Here’s a thread that helped me to understand the topic better: Exchange rate provided is not interbank!

Hi,

this is what @AndreasK recently posted in another thread.

Your Revolut account can hold a balance in EUR, GBP and USD. The card selects which balance to use in the following order:

The local currency of the merchant/ATM e.g. if you are in the U.K. it will use GBP, your base currency (for a UK resident this would be GBP, if you are within the Eurozone this will be EUR and anywhere else will be USD).

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your next largest balance and so on.

Hope that clarifies some things.

Best,

Hello @rook,

Which transaction are you referring to so I can take a look?