Enable funds transfer to a bank account in HRK currency

Hi;

I was suprised to notice that the Croatian kuna (HRK) is the only EEA currency not supported by Revolut for a bank transfer.

I was wondering whether you are considering adding it, and if so, when?

Thanks and have a great day,

Dario

I am guessing this might be due to Croatian provisional status to the EEA not yet ratified by member states.
The same goes for Iceland, which is also not available yet, but probably due to different reasons.

Ah ok I got what you meant - The EEA Agreement is applied provisionally with respect to Croatia—pending ratification of its accession by all EEA parties. It might be the case, but transfer to bank accounts from Revolut are already possible to some countries outside of the EEA, so I don’t see why the HRK would not be included.

“International transfers to bank accounts can be transacted in the following currencies: EUR, GBP, USD, AUD, CAD, CZK, DKK, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NZD, NOK, PLN, RON, SGD, ZAR, SEK, CHF, THB, TRY, AED”

Therefore Iceland (ILS) is on the list.

ILS is Israeli New Shequel, not Icelandic Krona (ISK).

I guess if you have a euro account in Croatia, you could transfer euros and convert it thru the bank. At least for the time being, until Revolut decides to add it to currency list.
I dont know how are the exchange rates with EUR-HRK in Croatia, but because of Croatia gradually approaching euro zone, it should be quite good if not fixed… ??

Yes, the rate is almost fixed, true. I always have the option to send the money in EUR or any major currency for that matter, but should there be a possibility to receive it directly in HRK I could avoid a transfer reception fee by Croatian banks, which currently amounts to 1-1,50 EUR per each transfer received.

I realize the problem.
One option is to wait for Revolut to add HRK, the other would be to try to figure out a way to open a bank account in some other EU country (possibly within Euro zone).
One good option that seems to be available in Croatia is N26
We have to still wait for this thing to become available in Slovenia tho, which is kind of annoying.

Yust go to their website and check if that is something that would work for you. Its basically a free online bank.

I already checked N26 and it’s still not available in Croatia. But Revolut is a better alternative for now. Are you Slovenian or just living in Slovenia? Cuz Mike does not really seem as a Slovenian name :wink: