Email about Revolut Visa

It would be nice to get a separate free 200 EUR ATM withdrawal limit for the VISA card… erm… “for testing purposes”…

hehehehehehehe :wink:

3 Likes

I can’t think about a reseon why someone would need more than €200 cash per month as you can pay by card all the time.

• You can’t buy tobacco or lottery tickets with the card.
  • In some countries like Holland/Portugal, the VISA/Mastercards aren’t being widely accepted.
  • Sometimes you can’t pay for stuff with your Revolut card, because they only accept national cards.
  • You can’t easily split the costs of lunches/dinners/tapas/drinks with friends, if you pay with your card.
  • The Revolut card doesn’t get accepted everywhere where a normal VISA card would.
  • You can’t pay your creditcards/bills from other banks with your Revolut card. (So the fastest way is to withdraw cash and quickly deposit it into your local bank account.)

There are a ton of reasons why certain people would want some money in their hands and not on the bank account.

1 Like

I think it is more easy to do a SEPA transfer to your other bankaccount thank cash withdraw and deposit.

You can easy split a bill in the app.

1 Like

Yeah… If I need to pay a bill today, I’m not gonna wait till the SEPA transfer comes in tomorrow.

And you say you can “easily split a bill in the app”. I don’t think you get the point. If you are having drinks with friends, paying with a card is a nuisance. You can’t split the bill with others using the split- bill-feature, unless they all are Revolut clients too.
Everyone has to wait for you to pay your share with the card, cos you are the only one without cash.

Whatever the point might be, it is not hard to imagine that someone might need or want to withdraw more than 200 per month. I am not for a higher limit, I consider the 200/400 limit a fair limit. But I also find it easy to imagine situations where this won’t be enough.

I live in the PIN-mostly country and I never use cash since years now. If some company only accept cash, I don’t go there. We live in 2017, not in the stone age.

1 Like

where do you live? :wink:

In Poland unfortunately not everywhere I can use my card.

1 Like

I agree that a SEPA SCT wire transfer isn’t the fastest way to repay someone. But as I usually split my bill with others within the Eurozone, this isn’t a bad solution. There market for person to person payments is just to fragmented. Some friends of me tried N26, Payconiq, Paypal, Digicash, Revolut (internal transfer), …and in most cases we fall back to slow but effective wire transfer. :wink:

Not saying that there are no good use cases for internal Revolut transfers, but it is a niche.

In the short to medium term, SEPA SCT Inst will probably strengthen the position of wire transfers. It would be a good idea for Revolut to join the world of real time wire transfers.

The Netherlands and we love using our cards https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/geld-en-werk/europa-betaalt-cash-maar-nederlanders-pinnen-liever

1 Like

I’m jealous, paradise on earth… It would be great to have possibility to pay cashless everywhere.

2 Likes

Dutch people are addicted to their Maestro, V Pay and iDeal. So you probably end up looking for an ATM with your Revolut card. :wink:

1 Like

Today I have first problems with using Visa card online. Google play store does not allow me to pay for the app using the revolut Visa. In Google help I found information about probably solution for my problem - I had different billing addresses in Google account then my actual address. After changing it on Google payment was passed.

I had a problem paying online with the Visa card yesterday. It was on Amazon, on which the same Visa card had previously been used successfully, but yesterday the payment was declined. I managed to pay with my Revolut MasterCard in the end.

Hi, I have a problem with paying by :r: Visa (and checked, sameproblem with MC from PaySafe). I am unable to pay Spotify premium. Info message says:
“Wyglądana to, że karta została wydana w kraju, w którym serwis Spotify nie jest dostępny.
Serwis Spotify nie jest jeszcze dostępny w Twoim kraju. Zmień lokalizację lub wybierz inną metodę płatności.” and in english it will be “It looks like the card has been issued in a country where the Spotify service is not available.
Spotify is not yet available in your country. Change the location or choose a different payment method.”. I live in Poland. Please help @anon9918960 @anon33247966 .
I read more in Spotify help, and I can get only UK subscription using :r: card :frowning:
So I tryied to pay using PayPal, and I can confirm that I am unable to pay with visa.

Spotify uses, like Apple and Sony, the card’s country issuing code to determine if one is ledgit to have an account. This is why you can’t use a Polish card for example to pay for a US Apple iTunes account. Instead of using more sophisticated methods to check a customer’s residency, they rely on the country code for limiting content to certain regions this way. This does not make much sense in Europe, but it is nothing Revolut can change. Revolut cards are issued in the U.K. and therefore limited to U.K. accounts with some services.

1 Like

You are right. But I don’t understand why I can not pay on PayPal using Visa, but I can using :r: MC (also bin is from UK).

Yes, It might have to do with Visa being in beta and new. Currently, BIN databases don’t seem to be updated completely. I guess PayPal needs to update their systems. That’s what the beta test is for, right?

Yes it is, and that is my role in the testing - reporting issues :slight_smile:

Some fresh positive air here on the regular testing- I just used Revolut Visa in a couple of “physical” POSes in Poland and so far so good. Everything’s been OK.

One thing out of ordinary though: I get asked for DCC (to convert to and charge in GBP) pretty often, which I don’t remember happening for Mastercard.

For the record- I changed my PIN in Euronet. Tried doing that in ING ATM, but that didn’t work.