Email about Revolut Visa

I have the same experience with online shopping. Prefer that the card would be in EUR.

I prefer if my card have default currency euro

If doing online shopping its not big problem to use euro (as you control a situation).

I have bad experience in shop (have enough money in euros and in gbp): when paying with card a girl dont ask me anything…and when payment finished got a notification from revolut that I charged in gbp!!! My account was charged in gbp because she click bank conversion in shop machine (and say me nothing about this). Result is: on 75 euro purchase I lost around 5 euro

be careful if you living in EU and using euro as revolut card default currency is gbp

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a preferred currency. Merchants only guess, based on the country code of the credit card number, what the currency of the card most likely is.

Thanks so much. That’s showing on the app now. Exciting! Thanks again.

Just did a NFC payment at the AH to Go (The Netherlands) with the Visa card and the transaction is pauzed because I had to choose a language. At the moment I choosed “Nederlands” the transaction was conpleted.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried to change the PIN in several ATMs in Spain (Bankia, Banco Santander, CaixaBank, BMN and Cajamar) and I couldn’t do it (In both Mastercard and Visa card). I had no problems buying with Visa card.

It would be very useful, I always lose some seconds choosing the currency.

Today I had the chance of finally trying the new VISA card!

In Portugal we have 2 types of ATMs: the “Multibanco” ones, owned by SIBS, and the Euronet ones.

Only the Euronet ones allow the PIN Change for both for the Visa and Mastercard (the Multibanco ones don’t support either).

1 Like

A few days ago I was using my Visa card on unmemed POS, it was ticket machine with tickets for city busses and it works. In same machine I was unable to pay with HCE app of my bank. If @anon9918960 or @anon33247966 need transaction confirmation I can send it to you via PM.

I’ve added this Visa card to PayPal already, but not pay by PayPal any products using Visa already

1 Like

Same here: Paypal doesnt accept the Visa card (nor the MasterCard).

Is this offer still active? If yes, I’d be glad to test the new visa card :grinning::+1:

@ValSem

Unfortunately only current testers are able to test Visa, no new testers.

1 Like

Unfortunately beta testing sign ups are closed. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Got my Visa card last Friday in Belgium before leaving to Switzerland for the weekend :wink: The card just worked perfectly at the Duty Free of Geneva airport. I tried to look for an ATM with pin-code-change functionality in CH but no, impossible to found one of them :frowning:

I’ve tried here in belgium in several banks but the option is not proposed in the display. I will try next weekend in UK if I’ll be lucky.

Unfortunately, the Revolut Visa is rejected in the same online services as the Paysafe Revolut Mastercard.
Registration in the payments for the Apple ID (Swiss account) and Sunrise mobile service providers is not possible.

This was not a problem with the Revolut Mastercard from Wirecard.

In the case of Sunrise, this is rather strange; With their e-payment service Datatrans, the Revolut credit cards work in other online shops.

I hope revolut can fix this problem.
The big question is, what is the difference between Revolut/Paysafe and Wirecard?

Strange.
I added both, Visa and MasterCard, to my PayPal account without any problem.

4 Likes

Created a virtual card in the app which I think had the same bin as a physical Visa…

I can’t use it online though, tried a few sites and declined on each?

Revolut Mastercard was fine on same sites.

I’ve only had a chance to try the physical Visa a couple of times in Ireland, both times fine so far and will test more extensively over coming weeks.

PIN change ok in Ireland too

Ive got some news.
I can confirm that both the Mastercard and VISA work for me the same in different stores I have visited here in Spain.
I’m having problems at some McAutos (McDonalds) in Spain, where the card “locks up” the POS terminal of McDonalds when I try to insert the card or pay via NFC. The POS terminal just sits there with a “PLEASE WAIT” message, and after 2-3 minutes they need to restart the POS terminal and charge me with a different (wireless) one.
I have had this problem for a while now with my mastercard, but the VISA is the same.

About the PIN change: I believe that NONE of the Spanish bank-ATMs allow us to change the PIN number. I have heard Euronet allows it, but I can’t find a Euronet ATM nearby.
I have also tried a CashZone ATM (which like Euronet is an independent ATM inside of SuperCor stores), but that one also doesn’t allow us to change PIN.

I got a question: Do we get double the ATM limits now that we have 2 cards? So are the ATM limits per card or per user? (I hope its per card for friggin-obviuously reasons… :P)

1 Like

I tried to change the PIN number in an Euronet ATM (in Spaim) and it didn’t allow me.

Limit is per user and you can check it in the app. More > Profile > Subscription

3 Likes