E-resident company in Estonia

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a company in Estonia through their e-residency program. The company will have an address in Estonia but myself will still be living in France with a french personal address.

I am a french citizen. Can I open a business account with Revolut ?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I’d say yes. Being a French resident should be enough already.

Hm, I’m not sure. With business accounts, the main concern is the company legal form, as far as I am aware. For freelancer accounts, this might be different.

Where is Revolut for Business available?
Revolut for Business is currently available for companies registered and with a physical presence within the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. This includes the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

We will be expanding outside of these countries soon. Feel free to register your interest and we’ll notify you when our services are available in your country.

So being French and having a registered Estonia e-residency business might be an odd case where the company does not have a physical address within EEA. I am not sure.

Just to clarify I am talking about a registred limited company (OU) in Estonia with a physical adress in Tallinn.

I am not talking about freelancer status or sole trader.

I would like to know if its ok with Revolut for the director to be a resident in a different EU country than the company. In my exemple : a director resident in France with a company registred in Estonia.

Thanks in advance

You might want to contact the Revolut Business support, but I don’t see a reason why a regularly licensed business in Estonia can’t have employees residing somewhere else.

@Digiteck Yes, you can open a business account with Revolut.

1 Like

Great ! Thanks for your reply.

I’ve chatted with your customer support person and he confirmed my question, but I would like to double check it here. Having Estonian e-residency company (Ltd type) and being the only employee/director/owner, do I qualify for Freelancer account?

a one person limited company is still a company

Not exactly. Pls check it out Difference between start and a freelancer account

1 Like

i should have asked before commiting to 35£ per month :frowning:

Cool idea! I think that’s a great way to go @Digiteck! Just curious, how did it work out?

Are you also working from France? I’m in Berlin and want to start a venture here with e-Residency as well.

Hello Digiteck,
I am trying to do this on the Euro 35 per month scheme exactly as you are. I want to do this for an Estonian company. Have you succeeded? At the moment I have ordered a card, but cannot get past the selfie photo issue ( not accepted). Also am not registering the company until I have the bank account issue sorted out.

Hi! I am pretty new to the community and if it’s inappropriate to ask a question by replying directly in a thread, I apologise in advance. I was unable to find a way to start a new topic so this seemed to be the only feasible way to reach out to a Revolut team member.

My question regarding Revolut Business and inviting team members is as follows, though I would like to give some information first:

• The aforementioned business is registered in the UK and the business owner is a resident. Setting up a business account was not the problem

• I, personally, act as an honorary advisor to the business owner, support operations remotely and act as a team member. I am a citizen of Turkey, living in Turkey and do not have a visa or residence permit in a country in the EEA region. Though, adding myself as a team member to the business account was not a problem either.

• The business owner had wanted to provide me with a virtual card (as well as a pyhsical one) for me to manage certain finance items and procurement decisions. This, we were unable to do as it turns out to be the case that an ID verification was required for the business team member and as I have stated above I do not have a residence or visa for an EEA country.

• So there comes my question and thanks in advance for your kind support; Will I be eligible to verify my ID and have access to a business credit/debit card if I had e-residency in Estonia ?

Really sorry for the long post :slight_smile: it is hard to make direct contact with a Revolut personnel.

My question is not directly to this topic but this is the most relevant I had come across.
Sub-topic: Adding a team member who is E-resident in Estonia, to a valid Revolut Business Account

I would like to give some information first before the actual question:

• The aforementioned business is registered in the UK and the business owner is a resident. Setting up a business account was not the problem
  • I, personally, act as an honorary advisor to the business owner, support operations remotely and act as a team member. I am a citizen of Turkey, living in Turkey and do not have a visa or residence permit in a country in the EEA region. Though, adding myself as a team member to the business account was not a problem either.
  • The business owner had wanted to provide me with a virtual card (as well as a pyhsical one) for me to manage certain finance items and procurement decisions. This, we were unable to do as it turns out to be the case that an ID verification was required for the business team member and as I have stated above I do not have a residence or visa for an EEA country.
  • So there comes my question and thanks in advance for your kind support; Will I be eligible to verify my ID and have access to a business credit/debit card if I had e-residency in Estonia ?

Hello,

I am with a business partner in the process of setting up a a registred limited company (OU) in Estonia with a physical adress in Tallinn (no freelancer status or sole trader). The company will have two board members, both e-Residents. I, a German resident and a Colombian (not EEA). I would like to know if its ok with Revolut for one of the board members not to be a resident of the EEA.

Thanks in advance