Duplicated Revolut contacts in Android

I have had this issue for a few years now any idea when it will get fix ??

I can make it good for a short while by un-installing Revolut but after a day or 2 the duplicates return now get 4 for each contact.

1 Like

ANDROID 5 - are your phones android 5? I am pretty sure they are. Mine in a new J3 Samsung - Android 5. There is no way to bar Revolut from accessing contacts lists - and duplicating.
Revolut will WRECK your contacts lists. Plain and simple. Solution? BS. They don’t give any solution. They do not care. The issue has been going on for months on end. Months.

Don’t even bother deleting duplicates. You delete them but the moment you launch Revolt again, they are back.
The only thing that is guaranteed is: Revolut is not fit for Android 5 phones.

You will need to buy a new Android 6 device (or higher like 7, 8, 9) because in Android 6, you can do:
Settings _ Apps _ Revolut _ Permission - and make sure Contacts is not listed!
I only allow permission for Storage (once app is installed) and SMS.
I strongly advise you do the same. You can add Camera, if you want.
I definitely don’t allow access to Contacts nor Location, nor Phone, nor Microphone.

PS Do you really want to send money to all those Phone Contacts? Sure you do, right? So why grant access. You will still have to manually input their account details, so you might just as well type in their name, too, if you wanted to transfer funds.

Hi Andreas, why y account in Community have been closed? you don t want that i wirte what’up to my account? it s 3 weeks and i don t get answer from the support, there are 22.000 in my account, how i will get them? when? pls can i have a news about my account?

claudio

Me too. It’s very annoying. Leave my contacts alone!

I also have this problem. I merge duplicate contacts only they reappear later.

Hi, this issue that was originally logged in december was resolved at the time. Can I please ask you to raise a new bug should you still be experiencing this issue. we spent a lot of time since then improving the way we handle contacts for you. Regards