Drawing foreign currency in home country

Wouldn’t it be great if, for example, you could withdraw Euros in the UK before you travel? Can Revolut do a deal with a challenger bank to facilitate this? Would people be happy to pay a small charge for this?

Sounds good but it kind of defeats the purpose of Revolut: you don’t need to exchange/withdraw money before you go on a trip, you can just use your card there.

2 Likes

I agree with Pete. Why would you want to do that as it makes no sense having the card if you do.

Good point - however in Greece this summer I was on an island with one cash point (in a different location to me) and may restaurants did not take cards. Wanted to take cash and avoid 2% withdrawal charges. I solved it by being organised during a work trip and drawing up to the limit the month before we traveled and then using the only cash point on the island and suffering the 2% charge during the holiday. I completely agree about using the card, however there are still parts of Europe that do not accept cards which of course will change over time. Cannot fault anything else with Revolut.

Good point - however in Greece this summer I was on an island with one cash
point (in a different location to me) and may restaurants did not take
cards. Wanted to take cash. I solved it by being organised during work
trips and drawing up to the limit at airports and then using the only cash
point on the island and suffering the 2% charge. I really wanted to take
the cash with me!