double charged for same transaction

Hi,

I got double charged for the same transaction ; 20 euros on “FDJ Versement” (payment on internet) first on April 9th (this one is ok), but again this morning for the same transaction (20 euros). My account got reduced accordingly. What happened? How to get money back? I tried to contact chat support but impossible to get a real human to discuss with!

Are both transactions complete or is one pending?

Hey @fabienbfr :slight_smile:

Just type “live agent” and wait :wink:

First one is “pending” the second is “completed” but both have been charged 2x 20 euros and my account got reduced accordingly.

Pending means it hasnt been withdrawn yet but is only blocked.

It is a bit weird that the first one is pending and the second one complete. Could it be they cancelled the first one and the second one is the actual one? In that case the first one should return in the next days.

At this point I’d clarify with the merchant why there is a double charge and also contact Revolut’s support, as suggested by Juliopp.

Hi there.

The transaction is pending at the moment which means that the merchant has not either collected the funds nor declined the transaction.

There are two possible scenarios now: either they will realise the error and decline it, or they will not realise the error and will settle the transaction.

When that happens, you will be able to see that the transaction no longer appears in grey in your transaction history on the app. Then you can just let us know and we will be able to raise a chargeback on your behalf to recoup the funds.

Hi, just to confirm that the pending payment was automatically cancelled on the 8th day and money re-credited on my account.