Don't print any numbers on the card

A solution could be to take a peace of tape an stick it over the cvv2 number on the back of the card. As a precaution. Just a tip.

6 Likes

You don’t need to type in the CVV2 on websites like Amazon so it can still be an issue. I think having the option to not have any information on the physical card is awesome!

1 Like

So simple - yet so effective. :grin:

1 Like

No 3d secure with the card
Are a big issue here

1 Like

You know there are still places out there that take your card, put it in a device, than slide some slider from left to right and back. You get the resulting paper and have to sign it. In about 30 days you will then get that amount processed from the card.

And yes, I am visiting such places and countries. Eg. Cuba

1 Like

This is a cool idea. They also have single use virtual cards.
They could have single use pin numbers as well.

That does not work with Metal or Premium cards. Those cards do not have an elevated printed number. Only Standard cards have that.

Where is “here”?

twenty

I think a better idea is to print only the last 4 digits of the card. The rest of the details can be found in the app. If I have no visual indication, then I wouldn’t know which of my 2 otherwise identical visas I am holding. Obviously the metal card is obvious since you can only have one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am surprised Revolut have not done this already, at least given customers the choice. A few times now when travelling third world countries somehow people have got their ‘eyes’ on my 16 digits and full card details and pulled money out of my account. Some countries blatantly start typing my digits into their computer at checkout, it’s part of their banking system, and would love a numberless card in those situations as not all countries have strong security like the UK and EU.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I always ink out the CVV it shouldn’t be on the card imo

They are so suspicious in Manila, I think bank cards are still relatively new to them compared to the west. Mostly cash basis. They would type my card digits into their computer when I was in Manila, as if they were frightened of it suddenly reversing later on and then they have proof or something I don’t know.