Document verification taking 10 minutes for 5 days...

Thank you so much :slight_smile:
Silvia

Salut à tous ,

J’ai le même problème,

J’ai commandé ma carte physique Revolut. J’ai demandé l’activation et envoyé mon identification à travers des photos recto et verso. Maintenant, il est coincé sur "Nous examinons vos documents. Le processus de révision prend jusqu’à 10 minutes. "Sur 10 jours

Par ailleurs, j’ai reçus ma carte mais je peut rien faire.

Cordialement.
BILEL

oohh christ :man_facepalming:

Hi, my verification process is lasting more than a week, I registered myself April 3rd and since then my profile still under verification. Can I get any help on that?

The issue has been solved :slight_smile:

Same problem here !
Can you please help ?

Make sure so send sharp, readable, unaltered, uncropped and well lit photos of the documents via in app chat. (Verification is an automated process. Most delays are caused by photos that can’t be processed.)

Hey I’m having the same problem verifying account for a couple of days now and a support agent is never contactable through chat.

Reyes resolving and closing chat and trying to reopen but it says 1 minute wait time and no one ever contacts me

Your account is fully active!:tada:

1 Like

The same problem im waiting verification

Hi, i’m Having problems verifying my identity. Sent documents several times and now waiting for someone to get back to me in the support chat. It has been days! I’m travelling today and I have put money in the card only for not being able to use it!

Can someone help please?

Thanks
Gema

Its Working :slight_smile: Thanks :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I opened the bank account after midnight. Don’t know if this makes any difference though.

I have the same problem, please help.

Hi,

I’m facing a similar problem.
My card isn’t working (can’t pay with or withdraw cash) and my account says that the review of my document will happen within 10 minuts. Like many people here, I had no response from the chat. This is probably linked to the document I’ve uploaded (maybe the pic was blur or not clear enough for the app) but I can’t re-upload any document as I still have this message "document review within 10 minuts) in my profile section…

Thing is I’m taking off to Asia tonight and I need my card to be working at this moment as I’m willing to use it to withdraw cash when I’ll arrive! Moreover, I chose the express delivery to be able to use my card as soon as possible and as a result I’m now stuck with a card which is not working, and I lost 20 euros to get it as soon as possible for nothing…

Is it possible to do something? To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed when I see how many people are facing the same situation…

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as Virthuss and the previous posts: after uploading a picture of my passport for verification, the ID verification was never completed and has been “to be done within 10 minutes” for the past week.

I’ve tried using the in-app chat, and nothing happened (there’s a bot telling me that I need to verify my identity, which I cannot because the process is stuck!).

I am leaving to go abroad in a few days, and would be crucial for this problem to be solved - as this is exactly the reason why I decided to sign up for Revolut in the first place.

Can you please help with this urgent matter at your earliest convenience?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

Hi,

I sent message to this topic a few days ago, but no action from administrators, my message haven’t appeared yet. I have problem with verification of my identification. When I look at mobile application there I see still only “Verifying your identity” (more then 1 week). Could somebody look at it and solve it or send me some instructions what can I do from my side?

Thanks

1 Like