DO NOT USE REVOLUT FOR PAYMENTS to 3rd parties

How can i make a formal complaint / sue your payment processor

Im trying to make a transfer from revolut to a UK bank account.
Your processor queried this payment (why?) And then asked for some very intrusive information to which they are not entitled and to which i have no intention of giving them

Since then - a week ago - my money has been sitting in limbo and revoluts help team say they are powerless to act

And revolut considers this acceptable??

Im about to start sueing everyone in sight

What sort of information could they possibly ask that would be so intrusive that someone would refuse to give it? I’m intrigued.

1 Like

Amongst other things the date of birth of the person im sending the money to (do you know many of your vendors birthdays - say one of your builders for example)

And why i was sending them the money (absolutely none of their business)

DOB is plainly stupid. Where you got the money from originally and why you are sending to someone else, in my experience, are quite normal questions particularly when it is an unusual amount.

If i send money into Revolut from a bank account in an acceprable country (Switzerland as opposed to say Venezuela) and revolut accepts that money, and im sending some (a relatively small amount frankly) to a standard UK bank account, i juat dont see why their payment processor wants any information

As to having to tell people why im sending money i think thats equally unacceptable.
My bank doesnt ask me that, and if i was sending it to terrorists/drug-dealers/people-traffickers im hardly likely to say…

I regularly send payments through Revolut to third parties. With never any problem. Never been asked these questions either.

Hi there. We would like to clarify, that this is a part of our standard compliance security process. This applies to all of our users and is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations. More information about this can be found in our Terms and Conditions, specifically section 7.1 where it states: You agree to cooperate with all requests made by us or any of our third party service providers on our behalf in connection with your Revolut Account, to identify or authenticate your identity or validate your funding sources or Revolut Transactions. We will only make such requests if reasonably needed to help meet our legal obligations, and they could for example include asking you to take steps to confirm ownership of your Mobile phone number or Stored Card details you have given us or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources.