Disposable Virtual Cards not accepted, but Virtual Cards are accepted!

Hello,

since the beginning numbers of disposable virtual cards changed to 4165 I have acceptance problems at a lot of online merchants. They don’t accept that card number, cause they say it is an american credit card or they just can’t identify the card number correctly.
The strange thing is, that at the same merchants the “normal” virtual cards (beginning with 4596) are accepted without any problems.

Could you please fix that or just use more common beginning numbers for disposable virtual cards please?

1 Like

Maybe it’s the same problem as with the IBAN. Maybe the merchants use a DB that doesn’t know the number.

Yes, maybe.
But why not just use “common” numbers?? Revolut does that also at “normal” virtual cards, so why not at disposable virtual cards? The effect is the same if you use your disposable virtual card or you just delete and re-create a virtual card = you get a new number.
Virtual card = working everywhere.
Disposable virtual card = not working everywhere.

About 1 month ago, the disposable virtual cards started with “5350” and was usable everywhere. Why was this changed to “4165”? Since there I have problems at some merchants.

It was MC now it is Visa.
Also: these things are surely not regulated by :r: but another instance. :slight_smile:

I know, but what does it matter??

Revolut should just keep an eye on it, to have high acceptance.

I am happy, that you don’t work there. Cause just saying “this is not my problem” does not really help anyone :wink: