Disposable Virtual Card Help

How does the disposable virtual card number work?

If I spend online using the card does the number automatically change for the next time I use it?

1 Like

After the disposable virtual card was used it will be destroyed and a new card will be generated.
Have you tried the help centre?

https://www.revolut.com/en-US/help/getting-started/getting-a-card/getting-a-virtual-card/ordering-a-disposable-virtual-card

I did actually but didn’t think it would be under “ordering a card”.

Thanks though.

It’s regenerated automatically within a split second.

3 Likes

Hi,
Hoping you can help me with a connected issue?
I recently tried to use a virtual disposable card but :r: rejected the online merchant. The card was then replaced with a new disposable one.
The original (rejected) disposable card is causing an account/payment verification issue with the merchant. How can I retrieve the details or image of the original card?
Thanks

1 Like

I downloaded the app when I was 17 and made an account and got blocked because I wasn’t 18 now I am 18 but I cannot get into my account on anything because it won’t let me go on and says I have to be 18 but I am now and there is no where else to contact with this problem

Hello, no update on this? I have the same issue with cancelled flight tickets, I need the details in order to get reimbursed. Transaction record shows the payment but instead of showing the details of the card (number and expiry date), it just says that the card has been destroyed. I would suggest to provide both information as we know that it is still useful in some occasions and doesn’t breach any safety since the card has been cancelled.
I would appreciate an urgent response/solution for this and the modification in the app for long term use.
Many thanks to the community and Revolut team!
Alain

Great response from the Revolut Help desk. Here is the link from app: revolut://app/profile-documents
Then select: Revolut Card Confirmation
It will show the full listing of numbers and expiry dates.
Thanks again to the team of live agents!

1 Like

I find positions 7-12 replaced with asterisks ******. Are these positions the same as on the present disposable card? Or were your numbers completely visible?

1 Like

I thought to have responded to this: same as you, only 6 first and 4 last are visible. Also sufficient to request reimbursement so all good. Hope that helps…

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, AlainP.

1 Like

For how long is a repayment from a retailer possible to a disposable card?

1 Like

Because of the clear association between the disposable card and your Revolut account, I doubt there is a repayment period in place per se beyond that which applies to obtaining a refund in the first place.

4 Likes

My assumption is that this is specified by scheme rules. So Mastercard and Visa probably specify the period for refunds, and both payment processors and card issuers need to make sure that it works within that specified time. I don’t think the card is the limiting factor here. I think it’s the period for refunds set by scheme operators.

(Disposable cards are disposed faster, yes, but refunds also happen with expired, lost, stolen … cards.)

2 Likes

The story behind: Last December I ordered a birthday present for my niece, but the retailer didn’t ship punctual, so the payment was refunded automatically after 9 days, a very good feature of the disposable cards :+1:t2:. I had cancelled the order before, but the retailer shipped anyway and told me, I should refuse the parcel, what I did. The retailer confirmed the return and I thought, everything is done. A few days later the (stupid) retailer refunded the payment by itself to the disposable card again and that’s the thing I didn’t know, that a refund to a disposable card is possible.
My question about the max. time for refunds to a disposable card, I had a return to another shop, the retailer confirmed very late due to staff overload and now I am waiting for the refund, the order and payment are nearly 1 month ago.

1 Like

You should contact the merchant to hasten things up. I don’t think its a matter that Revolut can intervene on. The card issuer perhaps if you still have the details of the transaction and correspondence.

2 Likes

I don’t think that the retailer won’t refund, it’s Lidl, I only wanted to know, for how long a refund is possible to disposable cards, 2 weeks, 1 month, half-a-year, …
Maybe there are experiences. If you tell me: “No experiences!”, I’m fine with it!

Edit: Retailer refunded today, so my experience is: Refunds to disposable cards are possible for at least 30 days. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In terms of disputes and/or refunds there is no difference in processing for physical and virtual cards. Based on the timelines published by Visa and Mastercard a refund can be processed for 540 days from the original transaction (same timeframe for dispute resolution). During this period anyone in the chain from retailer, payment processor to card issuer must be able to action refunds, chargebacks and/or clawbacks etc.

I do not know if Revolut, or anyone else in the chain, would block a voluntarily given refund afterwards. I never had to refund a transaction that was more than a couple of weeks old.

3 Likes

Hi @Kamika242 :wave: ,

You will be able to receive the refunds even if the disposable card’s number is no longer available (cards already “destroyed” or blocked). There is no timeline as such. Hope this helps. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes