Display Bug

iPhone 8Plus with iOS 15.5
Revolut App: 8.56
System language: Norsk bokmål

Why the extra “-” in front of the currency? Please fix.

1 Like

This is not the place to get an answer or report a bug with the app…

1 Like

Already done but nobody cares…

Hi @zapata :wave:

Sorry to hear you are facing a bug in your app :frowning_face:

Has this been solved? If not, would you be able to reach out to me? :eyes:

Also, in order to report a Bug in your app, you can always go to Profile - Help - Report Bug :bug:

1 Like

Yes, the problem is already fixed. Thanks. But there is no option “Report Bug”.

1 Like

Submit feedback – Report issues – Technical issue (bug)

1 Like

Haha, this option is only available if language is set to English. If the language is set to “Norsk bokmål” or “German”… there is only a option for “Tell us, how we can can improve” and it’s not clickable. This is on the iPhone. On my Android App this option is not available at all.

How to I remove all the links to Revolut from my phone contacts? How did these get created? What did I accept that set these up?

1 Like

@gimmacash Thanks for sharing your concern with us. We got your back. :people_hugging:

Can you please let us know if your issue has been resolved? :thinking:

SG | Community Team

Hi SG.Mandal

Thanks.

No, it has neither been answered nor been solved:

1. How to I remove all the links to Revolut from my phone contacts?

2. How did these get created?

3. What did I accept that set these up?

1 Like

@gimmacash, So sorry to hear that you didn’t get the answer yet. :frowning_face: Please check out page no.16 here which will help you to understand this. :r:

SG | Community Team

Hi SG.Mandal

I do not understand what the “Customer Privacy Notice for
Personal Account Users in the UK and EEA” has to do with following problems and questions;:

1. How to I remove all the links to Revolut from my phone contacts?

2. How did these get created?

3)   What did I accept that set these up?
1 Like

I can guess how that happened. When you installed Revolut for the first time and went through the set-up process it will have asked you if you wanted to allow “contact permissions”. Even if you resisted then, there’s a big blue button on top of the transfer screen begging to allow “contact permissions” every time you go there. At one point you must have clicked on it.

I have never given in to the temptation, but my understanding is that Revolut “only” accesses your contacts and doesn’t copy them. If you’re on Android you should be able to reverse that by removing contact permission for Revolut. I only have the Sony incarnation, there it is under Settings → Privacy → App permissions → Contact permissions.

I assume the same is true for iOS, but don’t ask me where to find permissions there. If that doesn’t help, you probably have to contact support if nobody else here has an idea.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s interesting @glesga. :thinking: Thanks for letting us know about this. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Thanks.

I have done this on my Samsung Galaxy A32,
but this does not remove the duplicates.

I want to grant contact permissions to send money to some contacts who also use Revolut.
But I never wanted / agreed to set the revolut attribute to every contact (companies etc.)

—> How can I remove these links to Revolut?

—> How can I contact support?

Maybe we’re on different app versions, I can only give a global permission for contacts. It’s all or none, but since removing it didn’t work for you, it’s probably best to have support look into this. They can look into your actual date. You can contact them by clicking on your initials on the top left (or picture if you uploaded one), then simply select “Help”, then “Get more help and contact us”.

Contactless limit on my cards shows £0/€150.

Should be £0/£150.

Pretty sure it also used to be £300.

Can’t screenshot due to android limitations on the card screen.

Reached out to support but being a free member it’s back of the queue. :joy:

1 Like

Three things come to mind:

• I don’t ever recall the limit being above 150€ (certainly in recent times);
  • If it was higher, would that not provide the opportunity for a spending spree if the card got into the wrong hands?
  • The limit on a single contactless purchase is 50€ (in France at least, can’t speak for the UK).

Surely its no big deal to click on the reset button when you get the notification in app or to navigate your way to Cards in the app to reset before a shopping trip where you might need multiple purchases up to that value before resetting again?
A further security measure is that occasionally, the card issuer requires that the card is presented in a terminal using the PIN which is also no bad thing.

Since the EUR appears to be the benchmark (even for the free limit on currency exchanges irrespective of the pairing) and the GBP to EUR exchange rate provides more EUR than GBP (thankfully!) it makes sense to me that any limitation is measured in EUR as a standard throughout the brand.

3 Likes

I’ll send you the video :sweat_smile: it was confusing me.

Same card, and how it should be:

Unsure how to trigger it but I managed to send it via chat and it’s going to be resolved in the next update. I don’t have any EUR balances and only ever spent in GBP.

Chat confirmed it’s an odd bug.

2 Likes

Thanks, Glesga

I have chatted with support during almost a working day.

Finally, the solution was:

1. De-Install the Revolut App

2. Re-Install the Revolut App

3. Then immediately:
    got to Android Settings —> Apps —> Revolut —> Permissions.
    Make shure, that contact permissions are / remain disabled.

And the Revolut Contacts / Links in the Android Samsung Standard contact apps are gone :slight_smile:

3 Likes