Disappointed in Revolut’s Customer Service

Been a Revolut customer and Revolut company investor for years.

Yesterday I wanted to make a purchase from John Lewis.

I noticed that Revolut offer a 2% reward when purchasing from John Lewis.

I heading off to the rewards section of the Revolut app and clicked the link the purchase from John Lewis. Only a blank page opens, not the John Lewis website. I tried several times and it just doesn’t work. I asked friends with Revolut and the John Lewis link is broken. Other rewards work fine.

I made my £24.50 purchase directly from John Lewis using my Revolut card and contacted support who now tell me they will not honour my 49p reward because I didn’t use the non-working link in the app!

49p!!!

So much for a gesture of goodwill.

Really poor customer service Revolut.

6 Likes

so true, i have been undergoing verification process and for over 5 months and the CS team has been no help and just been sending me the same request everytime

1 Like

Unbelievable. Some 55 minutes on the chat with an agent and still not resolved one simple question!
It’s time to cancel Revolut and move to a banking system that responds quickly and has a means to TALK to a real person…
At the end of a very frustrating hour and 20 minutes he wants me to rate his services??? How less than zero does he think I can rate his response, completeness of messages, refusal to answer until I’d pointed out I’d asked the same question 3 times and then outright refusal to answer more than one question at a time. Is 8 minutes from my message to his reasonable???

4 Likes

Can’t activate my card, can’t activate contactless payment - the options are greyed out. An hour and a half on a chat where I’d wait for ten minutes or more for a response to each question. Absolutely hopeless. If there’s no phone support, one has to be suspicious of the quality of it. It’s just terrible. I’m closing my account. I’m not going through that again.

I implemented and managed a support system for thousands of users for several years and I can say that the “chat only” support system used by many fintechs has no real advantages respect to an hot-line service (even in terms of needed personnel and customer satisfaction…) and it’s much worse than a good ticket service.

Best results in customer satisfaction and efficiency can be obtained with support provided by a combo of ticket service and hot-line (mainly for emergencies…), leaving chat support only as residual and/or alternative channel to hot-line.

A well implemented ticket service has several advantages, from less personnel needed, to much easier way to escalate tickets to more trained personnel, to greater satisfaction in users who would be happy to have their issue solved even in a day or two while they wouldn’t with a waiting chat of an hour or two e.g…

I’ve open a revolut account back in 2018 when i lived in England.
I’ve moved back to Romania and of course i wanted to keep my revolut account and becouse you can’t switch the addresses properly becouse you can’t switch country’s , you need to close your old account and open a new one which i did! But then,suprise suprise! Revolut let me openeing a new account in Romania but then they’ve deactivated my account.
It’s been 3 days now and i’m still waiting for an explication,“why?” all the time i contact an agent , they are all saying they will come back to me with a review, but they have faild to do so, so far!
I’m very dissapointed in Revolut and in their customer services!

1 Like

I can see that I am not the only one disappointed in their customer service, topped
up my card and had to go through verification process cards finally verified and still can’t use them. Customer service hasn’t responded in over 12 hours while my funds are tied up. Does anyone have any experience on how to get the money out of Revolut? I am planning on disputing the transaction with my bank

1 Like

I’m still waiting for Revolut to unlock my account with all of my money in it. I lost my phone a few days ago and reported this to Revolut. I’ve been in touch every day since and they keep saying “We’re working on it”. I’ve sent pictures of my passport, driving license and a selfie with all of them! The lack of support is getting a bit worrying now.

Do not know what’s wrong with customer service but thing is live agent do not have the power to take or make decisions I think. They just can transmit it to the department.

It does not justify why it as long as it is. I just asked last february if I would be charged for cancelling metal. Waited 7 days to get an answer…