Direct Deposit in USA not credited 2 days early as advertised!!!!!

I was excited to be a part of the new privileged customers in USA who were able to get local checking account attached to Revolut account. As it sounds good to get paid early up to 2 days, I gave my account details to my employer to set up a direct deposit. The first direct deposit went smooth like butter and was happy to get 4 days early credit (due to weekend and holidays). But, the second deposit has not yet been credited into my account even after I submitted the transfer confirmation from my employer. Though the customer service agent was polite in handling my case, she couldn’t resolve it immediately as she said that something went wrong at their end. Now I am waiting for them to resolve it so that I can get my funds into my Revolut account :scream:, as I don’t want to give up on Revolut easily.

1 Like

I don’t see the reason for this post as its still “beta” and not officially launched so things can go wrong.

This post is a feedback on the current feature so that it can be addressed properly to provide all Revolut customers with a better service once it is officially launched.

Glad to update that the issue is resolved and deposit is credited today. Thanks Revolut :+1:

1 Like

I really hope that the next early credit will go smooth :wink:

I hope you have a backup ready for the moment Revolut comes up with the source of fund check which may leave you without access for days or even weeks.

2 Likes

You are right :+1:. I have now worked out on setting up 2 different bank accounts in case of Revolut having some unexpected issues. But what makes me stick with Revolut is its instant notifications and budgeting features.

Yes, make sure to have some backup fund when they are checking your source of income.
Especially so if they have issue with support chat, you will let out in the dark for some time… unless it will be updated for better in near future.

1 Like

Totally agree with you. Be prepared for all unprepared events.

How did you manage to set up ACH transfer? I’m only given an option to connect to my debit card. Is there ACH option to link checking account or not? Transferwise has it figured out.

1 Like

You can check your account number under account details. If you can see your account and ACH routing number, you can use these details to receive “Direct Deposit and money transfers”. Currently wires and debits are not supported.

It’s breaking my heart to give a negative feedback about Revolut. Even after Revolut has come out of beta in US, it continues to be a big process to get my salary credited every time. That too even after I upload my salary slip, Revolut takes a long time to life the hold on my direct deposit. This verification process is terrible and discouraging anyone thinking of using Revolut as his/her main bank account.

To be honest, I don’t think Revolut is close to as reliable as a traditional bank, at least not from a Swiss perspective. No proper customer support, no binding to local banking legislation, not integrated into the local payment system…I would not trust a them as much to give them my monthly salary.

Said that, Revolut is a great service for card payments in and out of country, online and offline. Holding a small balance which gets me through the month for this purpose.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments. My experience with Revolut has been really good so far. Direct deposit credit is the only complaint I have, though it gets resolved quickly. But here in USA, no other bank has such an annoying process of reviewing one’s salary direct deposit.
Revolut needs to change their game plan if they want to win more Americans to use Revolut as a main bank. Otherwise, it will just be used as another travel credit card.

Wondering if anyone in the USA is getting the paycheck credited on Wednesday in accordance with 2 days early deposit as claimed by Revoult.