USD Direct Debit in beta stage!!!

It seems that Revolut has introduced “Direct Debit” to US accounts.

I received the following email today on bill payment:

Have you considered setting up your bills with Revolut? If you do, you’ll gain more visibility and control of your monthly budget as bills can be automatically tracked by our powerful in-app analytics. You’ll also get instant spending notifications each time you’re charged, so you never have to wonder if a payment went through or what your balance is.
Setting up a payment is easy. You just need your Revolut account and ACH routing number.
Here’s how:
Swipe when viewing your USD account in the ‘Accounts’ tab
Tap ‘Details.’ You’ll see your account and ACH routing number
Copy the numbers by tapping on the right icons and provide to the service for which you are paying bills
Team Revolut

1 Like

It is too soon to celebrate :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Today received the following email clarifying the status of bill pay feature:

+++
Regarding the “Pay your bills” communication…

We are reaching out about our previous communication titled "Pay your bills with Revolut."

# What happened?

Unfortunately, we were a little premature with our communication offering this feature. While we aim to have the “Pay Your Bills” feature available to everyone soon, we’re still making some final technical adjustments before we release it to all of our customers.

If you have tried to use this feature via Revolut already, the transaction would have been or will be cancelled, so please check to make sure you don’t miss any payments unintentionally.

# The good news

If the ability to pay your bills with Revolut sparks your interest, we have a beta version of the feature available for registered customers. If you’d like us to enable this feature for you, please let us know [ here ]

We’ll send you another email to let you know when we’ve enabled your access to this feature, so you know when you can start providing your Revolut account details for future payments.

Thank you for being a valued customer,

Team Revolut
+++

Today I received the following email that I can start using USD Direct Debit to pay my bills.

+++
Thank you for showing interest in our beta for setting up your bills with Revolut. You can now pay with your Revolut account on a recurring or one-off basis.

Through this feature, you’ll gain more visibility and control of your monthly budget. You’ll find bills automatically tracked by our powerful in-app analytics and receive instant spending notifications each time you’re charged, so you never have to wonder if a payment went through or what your balance is.

Setting up a Direct Debit is easy. You just need your Revolut account and ACH routing number.

### Here’s how to retrieve your details:

*** Tap ‘…’ when viewing your USD account in the ‘Accounts’ tab**
*** Tap ‘Details.’ You’ll see your account and ACH routing number**
*** Copy the account and ACH routing numbers by tapping on the rectangle icons to the right**

In case there is something wrong with a debit (e.g. different amount than expected), you can inform our customer support team through our in-app support

Team Revolut
+++

I tried the USD direct debit feature to pay my natural gas bill. I remitted the bill through the provider’s website on Jun 18 and the deduction showed up in my Revolut account today. It takes 3 days to clear the funds which is in line with a normal ACH processing time here in US.
This feature is an important one as it saves me from transferring funds to other bank to pay my bills.