Difference between country accounts and regular/business?

I’ve just discovered Revolut and it seems like just the thing for me. I am wondering if there is a difference between accounts for different countries ie. if I sign up as a US user versus a UK user, are the account terms or features different?

I’m a US citizen with a US and a UK bank account. I have a registered US address and a UK address, but I currently live in a third country in Asia, and I also have a bank account here. It would be really handy to easily move money between accounts.

So is there any difference between account types depending where I sign up?

Also, what are the differences between a regular and a business account? I’m trying to figure out which is right for me and it’s not immediately clear.

Revolut is not yet available worldwide. Right now, only for residents of the EEA. You find more details about this in the FAQs. :wink:

I don’t see that in the FAQs. Can you be more specific?

I see “Generally, you can transfer money to banks in the United States using Revolut. However, if you are currently living in the United States, you cannot make a bank transfer from Revolut to your local bank account due to licensing restrictions. We’re working on resolving this!”

I’m not currently living in the US, so I don’t think that applies to me (or does it?)

Where is Revolut available:

Revolut is available to legal residents of the following countries:

Aland Islands, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint Helena, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St. Martin, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.

In the future we aim to become available worldwide!

And „How do I verify my Identity“:

Some UK users won’t need to verify their identity, as we’ll do it electronically behind the scenes. UK users should try and top-up their Revolut account with a debit card first. If we can’t verify your identity electronically, you will be prompted to do the following:

Go to the ‘More’ section of our app, tap ‘Profile’ and then ‘Verification & limits’. You will be need to take a photo of a valid government issued photo ID and a photo of your face. We may request a copy of your legal right to remain (e.g. visa, residence permit) if you provide a passport issued in a country outside of the European Union.

Some tips to ensure the ID verification goes smoothly:

Make sure to take a clear photo of your ID, where all details are visible
The photos should be taken somewhere brightly lit
Turn flash off to reduce glare on your ID documents
Make sure the details on your Revolut profile match the details on your legal document
Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 month validity left on it
Your identity will be verified automatically by our software within 15 minutes. If you are having difficulty or have any questions, please contact us via the in-app support.

If your passport was issued in a country outside of the European Union, you will also need to provide evidence of your right to remain via the in-app support. This can be a visa, a European passport or a residence permit. Please contact the in-app support for further details.

Hope that helps?

1 Like

It does! Thank you.

Their messaging is a bit confusing. I’m in Bangkok and when I go to revolut.com it redirects me to https://www.revolut.com/th/ where there is a signup form where you enter your phone number and it auto-populates the Thailand country code. All of which gives the impression that people in Thailand can sign up. But I just tried entering my phone number and got a message that said “Oops! Something went wrong.” Seems like it would be easier to say “Revolut isn’t available here” from the start.