Deposit not refunded!!

Hi, I used my revolut card to pay for a deposit for a car rental. I contacted the car company today and they said they cancelled the deposit. I can see indeed that the deposit is shown as “reverted” on my Revolut account except that my balance has not changed! So I did not receive the money. When I contacted the help team, they told me it got reverted and everything was in order. Completely useless! My deposit was £300 and my account is showing +£90. If the deposit had really been returned, then it means that my revolut balance was negative by 210£ for one month and we all know that’s not possible. Anyone has experienced that issue before? How did you get your money back?

Hey @Incitae :slight_smile:

In some cases, the balance took some hours to reflect the change in my case :wink:
Did the cancellation just take place?

Have you tried logging out and then back in again?

@Juliopp, the cancellation happened 5 hours ago.
And the guy from the help team kept telling me that my balance (of £90) was correct; this is was annoyed me. I looked online and it seems that it is a recurrent issue with Revolut.
@Frank, yes I spent 5 hours logging out and back in :slight_smile: but no success there.

Hi there. This is not a bug. This transactions was reverted on the 1st of April and it seems you have spent the money.

Hi I’m am having the exact same problem I got a car on the 12th of December but at the tim I only had 260 in acc it was 280 so it got declined which shows on acc but I then added another 300 for the deposit which was taken out and was shown it was taken for a whole month and isnt there now . The car company said they only released the the money on the 28th of January and have sent the visa code we have rang Visa and they say contact bank and I have gone through telling 3 different people on caht the same story and no one is listening to me I really pissed with it at this stage. Did you resolve your problem?

Hello,

I used my revolut card to pay for a deposit to car rental on the 19th of February 2020.
I give back the car on the 2sd of March, no problem. The 3rd of March I received an email from car rental to confirm that they have returned all my deposit of 500USD.
On the 5st of March I did see on Revolut application that the payment was “Returned” but… not monney!
I decided to wait after reading on Revolut “support” that it could take 15 days.
Now, the 1srt of April it’s not a jock, I still do not get the monney back… so where is it?
There is no nomber to contact support for help, it’s unbelievable!
I had tried a Tchat that give me answers to something else (thank you Mr Robbot).
I need a real person to sort that out. Anyone has experienced that issue before? How did you get your money back?