Deposit insurance

I believe it is, wouldnt you say so too?

Thanks, but that shouldnt be necessary though. Tagging @AndreasK once more :wink:

I have asked the support chat :thinking: that was their response.

1 Like

Revolut only works with tier 1 banks, meaning that this is very unlikely to happen. If this were to happen Revolut would do their best to ensure that the funds in that safeguarded account will paid back to the customers.

Thanks Andreas, though considering that is not a very concrete statement as to a policy (“unlikely” and “do their best”) I take this is as “the funds are technically lost” and under some lucky circumstances one might get something back.

So I understand it basically still takes some waiting until ca. 2020 when the banking licence will be fully in place along with the deposit insurance to have funds properly secured up to GBP 85k.

Thanks for the clarification! :+1:

Hi, Any news about Deposit insurance?
Thanks

USA is insured to US$250k
Lithuanian residents are insured to 100k€

Everywhere else as of current is uninsured to my knowledge

So the only Lithuanian residents are insured? All the other EU residents - not insured, correct?
Thanks

Outside Lithhuanian:

Only Lithuanians that have agreed to be transferred to Revolut Bank

I would love to transfer my money to Revolut bank as well. Do you know Is there any options or plans?
That is pity that we don’t have the insurance, it’s makes me worry and forced to limit how much money i keep on account. :frowning:
Is there any insurance for Gold and Shares? (sorry for silly question)

With stocks, your main concern isn’t bankruptcy of the broker. It’s bankruptcy of the company you’re investing in. And there’s no insurance for losing all your investments if that happens.

Do you know anything about the broker health level or rating?
What about gold investments?
Thanks

1 Like