Delay in opening of my account

I requested an account about one month ago, I received an email informing me of a slight delay in the production of cards about ten days ago. I have not heard anything since.

1 Like

Me Too! you cant even talk to anyone!

I’m really sorry guys, we’re printing cards as fast as we can. You’ll receive an email once we have available cards.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi @anon33247966,

Can you at least give an estimate as to the average wait experienced for the current cards your printing at the moment? I go away in a few weeks and so it would be good to know whether your card would be a viable option. If not I will find an alternative.

Hi @anon33247966 ,

Having read through this, I do appreciate that you are awaiting a new batch of cards - however there must be some sort of understanding around time frames? I am due to fly in 3 weeks and I need to know whether this is going to be the correct FX solution!

Revolut has come highly recommended by three different friends, so would hope you can find a solution for the current shortage of cards!

Hi guys,

We completely understand and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We can only ensure you that we’re doing our best to get all caught up and get everything back to normal as soon as possible. We’re expecting to have cards really soon but we cannot a specific timeframe yet. Hopefully by the end of next week.

We will notify you once we have further updates.

Best,

Andreas K.

Hi @anon33247966
If the problem is the physical cards, couldn’t you allow us to sign up and use the app for transfers and virtual cards?

Personally I don’t need the plastic card before the Christmas but having the virtual card would help me a great deal.

I tried to sign up to the app 2 weeks ago. I received a pop up telling me I would have news about my subscription but still didn’t receive anything…

Hello all, I have and like my Revolut card, I am one of the lucky ones who got in before the card printing collapse of 2016.
I recommended the card to a friend and he has not been as lucky, and after many support desk requests for timeline etc I get nothing more than “soon, thank you for your patience.” This doesn’t cut it, and as one of you suggests the accounts could be set up with an online app, to use without a hard card but a virtual card,
So is there more going on???
So I also use ViaBuy as I like options, they have a very similar deal except you pay €89.00 after you get your high end gold or black card, which equates to the first three years card fee, that fee being The one difference.
I hope the internal issues of a very handy good concept card like Revolut will be resolved soon and that the help desk will be given a good and proper answer to pass on to customers.

Found an article discussing the possible issue behind this delay:

Would have been nice if that information had been published here :-1:

SO THE ACTUAL TRUTH IS???
From uk.businessinsider.com4
Hot fintech app Revolut stops issuing new cards as …
The money change app and card is putting new customers on a 40,000-strong waiting list as it waits to receive a licence to issue cards from MasterCard

@anon33247966

In case of having trouble with issuing cards for customers outside Europe how about for us inside Europe?

It’s expensive, assuming Revolut will eventually need to replace card for all their users. Like this they have a bit less users :slight_smile: