Hi, I have been experimenting with the debit card and crypto to see what can be done.
First off, I know my debit card works as I have used the GBP balance to pay for things.
I wanted to see what happens if there is no GBP balance but there is a crypto balance when making a card transaction.
- £50 (equiv) BTC balance, £10 (equiv) LTC balance, £0 GBP balance
- Attempted purchase of £6.50 using CHIP and PIN
- transaction declined, but Revolut app records it as a declined transaction against the LTC balance
-£60 (equiv) balance of BTC, no other balances
- Attempted purchase of £5 using CHIP and PIN
- transaction declined, but Revolut app records it as a declined transaction against the BTC balance
So it looks as if it is trying to use the crypto balance to fund the fiat payment but I’m not sure why it is being declined. Also, I’m not sure in scenario 1 why it is attempting to use LTC balance rather than BTC. What is the logic that it is following?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks