Declined card transactions when trying to use crypto balance

Hi, I have been experimenting with the debit card and crypto to see what can be done.

First off, I know my debit card works as I have used the GBP balance to pay for things.

I wanted to see what happens if there is no GBP balance but there is a crypto balance when making a card transaction.

Scenario 1:

• £50 (equiv) BTC balance, £10 (equiv) LTC balance, £0 GBP balance
  • Attempted purchase of £6.50 using CHIP and PIN
  • transaction declined, but Revolut app records it as a declined transaction against the LTC balance

Scenario 2:
-£60 (equiv) balance of BTC, no other balances

• Attempted purchase of £5 using CHIP and PIN
  • transaction declined, but Revolut app records it as a declined transaction against the BTC balance

So it looks as if it is trying to use the crypto balance to fund the fiat payment but I’m not sure why it is being declined. Also, I’m not sure in scenario 1 why it is attempting to use LTC balance rather than BTC. What is the logic that it is following?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Partially answering my own question after discussing with support…

You can use your crypto balance through the debit card providing:

• you do not have a fiat balance
  • the transaction is greater than 10 euros or £
1 Like

Makes sense…
There is minimum amount regarding exchanging cryptocurrency :slight_smile:

Would be nice to are this limit removed for premium users.

We’re looking into changing this limit.

thanks andreas.

Do you know why it trys to debit my LTC first before my BTC? Do you know what logic is at play?

Hey @stapo101
Any chance your litecoin balance is higher than bitcoin ?
Think it uses highest balance first,if euros/gbp not available.
You can disable litecoin so bitcoin is charged insted.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Is your LTC your larger balance?

No. It was the smaller balance.

Please drop me a DM so that I can take a closer look into your account :wink:

Apologies for butting in to this but I am really struggling to get help for an issue I have. I have signed up to make a weekly crypto purchase of £10 (message I got about the 1 BTC give away quoted €10 as the minimum). I tried to buy BTC and XRP yesterday and both have been declined with no explanation. I have another issue related to logging on to my desktop. I really need to speak with a human being.