Debit card issued by Revolut

I did sent them a request to add the correct Revolut picture, to addmycard@imaginecurve.com.
And since a couple of days it is actually there in the app:

1 Like

@PoelieV Whats the difference between bottom left and bottom right visa? Looks the same.

No difference I guess. Iā€™ve noticed they are doing this (slightly different colours) for other cards as well, notice the bottom right and the one above it :point_down:t2:

The bottom left was the very first card. The bottom right was and still is the known ā€œblueā€ card with flat colors and nfc logo on it.

1 Like

No, Visa Infinite Debit is only available to Premium and Metal subscribers.

1 Like

Ok, so no Infinite Debit for standard users, but what about ā€˜normalā€™ Debit (instead of prepaid) for standard users (what @moon was actually asking).

Also interesting, which tier is Infinite Debit ?
https://www.visa.co.uk/about-visa/visa-in-europe/fees-and-interchange.html

My friend ordered standard card and itā€™s bin is same as my premium one, debit text is printed on it.

2 Likes

Did anyone order a metal card recently? Is it still prepaid?

2 Likes

What I know, is that the Premium VISA card is now Debit.

To be honest, I am still skeptical. Labels are just labels. (And isnā€™t prepaid technically a sub category of debit?!)

It would be interesting if customers with that card could share service code configurations or some real life experiences about better acceptance. Because how useful is a debit brand if it doesnā€™t work with offline terminals, for example.

We were arguing for years now that ā€œprepaidā€ isnā€™t that bad because it makes little difference in many situations ā€“ but can be crucial for some use cases. I am rooting for a debit card for a long time now, but mainly because I am hoping for improved acceptance, and that relies too often on the technical details of the specific card configuration and only marginally on labels.

3 Likes

Microsoft Azureā€¦ they donā€™t accept prepaid debit cards. I tried using the metal card, BIN 5273 46 and it didnā€™t work. Than I created a virtual card (all VISA Revolut cards are now debit) and it worked. So ā€¦ this is better acceptance.

Itā€™s weird because everytime I pay with my metal card I see ā€˜Debit Mastercardā€™ even though on the back itā€™s written PrePaid so I think R is lying in this storyā€¦

Older cards are prepaids, newer ones are debits.

Why would anyone use a physical card to pay online anyway? :smirk:

1 Like

Nope. Just ordered another metal card yesterday, still mastercard prepaid BIN 5273 4680.

1 Like

Letā€™s order a VISA then.

You canā€™t order a metal Visa Cardā€¦ which is terrible since you pay a lot for it

So theyā€™ve solved the biggest acceptance issue. Lots of online merchants categorically check BINs to ensure they donā€™t accept Prepaid cards, that issue is gone now.

Physical merchants normally rely on manually checking for Prepaid labels, which they definitely are going to struggle to do when tapping your card or even putting it in since its well obscured on the Revolut cards

On top of that, you still get the benefits of your metal card on your other cards

Recently ordered a Premium Visa card; no indication of it being Prepaid on the card but it shows up as Prepaid when using it

How many banks let you choose between Visa or Mastercard? Stop double standarding

1 Like

Euhm, more than you imagine actuallyā€¦ look at ING DiBa. They let you choose between maestro and visa debit. But thatā€™s not my pointā€¦ my point is that we should have real debit cards because maybe YOU personally didnā€™t have any issues but I assure you the majority does have issues with prepaid cards.

Mastercard and Visa. Donā€™t change the goalpost to Maestro/Visa as customers in select countries are able to choose both (in countries it is common to be able to have both)

I have explained why Revolut should be issuing Prepaid cards and I can assure you the issues are few and far between, and can mostly be bypassed for people online (as they can use virtual debit cards)

1 Like