Debit card issued by Revolut

I think this is more related to either how the payment processor has implemented this differently for the merchant with Mastercard / Visa or based on the BIN database vendor the merchant uses.

My new Visa card is still prepaid. Even if it’s not written on it anymore, it’s written on any receipt :man_facepalming:

Are you sure its not written? Look CAREFULLY! :vulcan_salute:

Not even on the back, next to the signature field?

I am very sure. New card (2-3 weeks old). Not written anymore.

Nope. Not at all frank :slight_smile:
And it’s my 2nd card with the same design :stuck_out_tongue:

Really nothing on left bottom corner? :eyes:
Thats interesting.

Absolutely nothing… I’ll take a pic in a bit.

Before it was right upper corner from the signature box.

Now I’ve looked at every millimetres. Nothing :slight_smile:

But on any receipt it’s written Visa Prepaid.

1 Like

Hm, my Visa from the beta test has it very prominently. Also, as far as I know, It is mandatory now to mark cards properly since merchants can deny to accept cards based on what they want to accept. Coould be that different batches have different prints, of course. (Receipts show Visa Prepaid as well for me.)

This is my 3rd card (had 1 MasterCard blue, MasterCard black, cancelled the first, ordered visa blue last month)
Card arrived on 10th of July this year

I was surprised too.

Does ist have „Debit“ on the front?

Nothing. No marks at all.

My new card from Transylvanian Bank has debit on front now :cry:

Yes, it’s a new thing. Since merchants can refuse to accept credit cards, they have to be able to differentiate them. Also, business cards have to be marked a such, since the fees for merchants are higher and there is no way to find that out before the actual settlement.

1 Like

Did you check the bin code?
https://www.bincodes.com/bin-checker/

1 Like

p.s. I like this binchecker better - https://www.exactbins.com/bin-lookup

@Iskender: btw, why did you not signed your card? Does sales persons never check it? When travelling to Asia I have seen clerks/hotel staff check my card from both sides sometimes. Not sure what will be their reaction if it were not signed. Its like mandatory thing, I think. At least when/if I receive cards from local bank(s), they want me to sign it right away.

They asked me for ID (especially in Asia). I’m temporarily living in the Philippines, they always ask me.

No one asked about the signature. One of my card is signed. No one cares, they ask for the ID :slight_smile:

Has anything happened regarding the debit cards from Revolut? I know they got their banking license here in the UK a while ago but I still haven’t found any information about when (or if) they are planning on launching a debit card. Would love to replace the prepaid one with a debit or credit one.

5 Likes

@Revolut, do you have any news for when debit cards will be available?

I received a Visa Debit card 2 days ago, if you look carefully it says Prepaid very faintly under the Debit logo. On bin checks it appears as a debit card and seems to function as one.