CSV File contains 0xC2A0

Hi,
The exported CSV contains 0xC2A0 after each numeric value. This makes it almost impossible to import the file in excel or google sheets.

2 Likes

If I may take a guess

I know, but this is unusable in import operations. I think can very well be omitted.

Not saying that it is absolutely necessary to include a Unicode character :slight_smile:

Should be easily fixable by Revolut.

1 Like

in the meantime you could delete them with editors like notepad++ f.e.

1 Like

Of course I delete them, but I rather skip this step. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have kept away from Revolut for a few months in the hope they would sort this out. I came back and generated a CSV again today. Still the same! CSV stands for Comma Separated Variables. Revolut is using a semi-colon not a comma. So it’s not a CSV and doesn’t stand a cat in hell’s chance of getting imported into a financial management package.

I’ll come back in another 3 months…

C does stand for comma but that doesnt change the fact nobody cares about it :wink: . Particularly in Europe the separator is most of the times a semicolon (as the comma is already used as decimal separator)

Of course, I forgot that. The reason I have a multi-currency account in the first place is that I go to Spain a lot so I see those commas frequently. I hadn’t made that connection and it would also explain Fidor Bank doing it as they are German. Mind you they don’t even bother to translate their narrative fields from German!

Let’s be honest, it’s a nuisance having to export and import files at all. Most legacy banks have websites and Yodlee can do direct connection to avoid all this. Once APIs get a hold, the challenger banks should integrate with financial software too. I’ve only had to use CSVs since the app-only banks appeared.

I also ran into this problem and I see that unfortunately the thing has been known for almost three years. At this point I think the problem will never be solved.

I only add that the problem does not occur with all accounts (mine for example does not), while many others do. I’d like to understand what the discriminant is.

I take this opportunity to report my spreadsheet for the average stock needed for the calculation of taxes in Italy: https://rebrand.ly/rev19web

1 Like

Hello Guys,
It looks to me as a protection to avoid participating in open banking (API, clean formatted exports etc) . Such issues are so easy to fix that I cannot imagine it’s not on purpose.
Needless to say, given the hassle, that it could be a feature for premium/metal subscribers. at least I would pay for it.
Dear Revolut community Managers, could you let us know if there is a chance to get a real and usable export format?